Sat May 13, 10:00 - Sun May 14, 17:00
ABOUTBrace yourselves Gauteng – Geekfest is BACK!
Are you ready to exercise your brain mass? Best you start training…..
INTRODUCING – THE GEEKLYMPICS!
Saturday 13th May: 10am – late
Sunday 14th May: 10am – 5pm
Tickets are available through Quicket.
Tickets are R100 per day or R150 for a 2-day pass.
Kids under 12 free entry!
The Dark Carnival, organisers of the 5th annual GeekFest in Johannesburg, invite everyone to embrace their inner geek. In our technologically forward society, geek culture is rapidly becoming a way of life for people of all ages.
Whether you’re a gamer, a cosplayer, into gadgets and technology or like to read and watch series, Geekfest has something to excite you.
What You Can See:
- Robo Wars (with amazing prizes to be won)
- LARP (live action role playing) Displays by The Dahogrian Empire
- Medieval Combat displays from Battle Heritage SA
- Massive Geek Themed Market
…..and so much more
What You Can Do:
- Participate in the Geeklympics - Grab your team or enter solo!
- Play a game of Kings
- Shoot Arrows with Troll Bow Project
- Chill in our huge gaming tent or in the craft beer garden
- Participate in all manner of board games
- Test your brainpower with the Geek Quiz
Dress up and enter the cosplay competitions (awesome prizes to be won!)
….and this is only the beginning!
Take a rest after browsing our stalls and kick back in the chill zone. Craft beer, refreshments and an assortment of awesome food will be available.
Hosted for the first time at Montecasino, Fourways the Geek Fest team is looking forward to providing the full Geek Experience to Gauteng.
Montecasino Blvd, Sandton, 2191, South AfricaGet Directions