One-Act Play Festival
Thu Mar 14, 19:30 - Sat Mar 16, 22:00
The Masque is proud to be presenting a One-Act Play Festival featuring 4 brand-new plays written by local playwrights.
1. Inheritance by Dawn Garisch
An argument with the departed. A punishing will. At what price would one pursue or relinquish success? In Inheritance, a performance artist daughter and her disapproving mother tell each other what they really feel and think, after it’s too late. Or is it?
2. Let’s get Meta by Robin Hoole
On the front lines battling online misinformation, three social media workers struggle to keep up as the world spirals out of control. Can free speech be too free? What bigotry is allowed? And what happens when bad actors put the keyboard down and put actions into the real world?
3. Tommy and Dominick by Lauren Bates
This light-hearted version of Romeo and Juliet, set in two proud, competing restaurants, celebrates the power of friendship. It is a fable that speaks into many situations where hatred has caused division. Lovers of Shakespeare will smile at the snippets of his text woven into this contemporary script.
4. Wrong Faces by Alex Silberbauer
Wrong Faces is a two hander starring Alex Silberbauer and Jason Bailey. It tells the story of a young man and woman who are stuck with each other in a house party bathroom under mysterious circumstances. It explores themes of vulnerability, intimacy, platonic love and the kindness of strangers.
Thursday 14 March 7:30pm - Inheritance and Let's Get Meta
Friday 15 March 7:30pm - Tommy and Dominick and Wrong Faces
Saturday 16 March 2:30pm - Tommy and Dominick and Wrong Faces
Saturday 16 March 7:30pm - Inheritance and Let's Get Meta
THINGS TO KNOW:
* You are welcome to take your food and drink into the theatre, but please be sure to return your glass to the bar afterwards.
* Strict admittance policy - no entry after the show start time. Latecomers will be admitted entry at intermission.
* Children are not permitted to sit on laps.
* No flash photography or videography is allowed.