Mushroom foraging with fungi expert Gary Goldman
Fri Apr 8, 06:00 - Fri Sep 30, 08:00
Cape Town Forest (will receive exact location the day before the forage)
If you go down to the woods today, you’re in for a BIG surprise. That is, provided you’re following Cape Town’s very own Mushroom Fundi Gary Goldman. Armed with nothing but baskets, boots and pocket knives you’ll head into the forest and learn how to track down elusive porcini, pine rings, slippery Jacks and more. How’s that for working up an appetite?
- Always wanted to know which mushrooms you can eat?
- Forage your own mushrooms for breakfast
- Enjoy an early morning hike in the forest with a small group (10 or fewer) of fellow mushroom enthusiasts.
- Gary will help you identify edible mushrooms
- Gary will demonstrate how to gently remove it, clean it off, and how to store it in your basket for safe keeping
- Informative foraging walk and talk in the forest
- A selection of foraged mushroom to take home to cook. Yum!