Valentine's picnic at the Two Oceans Aquarium
“There are many fish in the sea, but only one for me.”
At the Two Oceans Aquarium, we do Valentine’s Day a little differently. We’re going rustic with a relaxed and informal mood by way of 37 intimate picnic spots dotted throughout the Aquarium.
These spots have been specially selected for their romance potential – a private “pod” complete with hay bales will accommodate only one couple per pod, affording you a bit of privacy, comfort and intimacy. So, ditch the heels and the formal jacket and enjoy a laid-back evening of romance surrounded by our magnificent displays.
Read more about the event here.
Valentine's Day details
- Price: Prices range from R850 to R1000 per couple depending on which picnic spot you select.*
- Date: 14 February 2019
- Time: 19h00 for 19h30
- Space is limited - book now to avoid missing out on a romantic aquatic evening!
- *The price includes entrance into the Aquarium, an (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) arrival drink and a picnic basket for two (see menu below).
Choose your picnic spot
The couples' picnic pods will be set up throughout the Aquarium, under the beautiful light of the I&J Ocean Exhibit, in view of the sharks of the Predator Exhibit, as well as throughout the Aquarium's intimate corners - like the exclusive Kelp Forest Exhibit viewing pit for one couple only.
I&J Ocean Exhibit
- Share a private pod in front of the main window of this exhibit with just the ocean's beaut to keep you company.
- Chose a pod under the famous I&J Ocean Exhibit tunnel for that special romantic lighting.
- Get closer to the action with a pod close to the windows of the Predator Exhibit.
- Choose an intimate viewpoint on the ramp around the exhibit.
- Dim the lighting and pick a spot on the exhibit's upper floor.
- Scattered throughout the Aquarium, these small niches provide the perfect romantic hiding spots - with just a few seahorses, fish and small wonders to keep you and your loved one company.
Kelp Forest Exhibit
- Pick the most exclusive Valentines Day spot in the Aquarium - have the Kelp Forest viewing pit all to yourself.
- Share a pod with your loved one at one with a view of the peaceful swaying of this unique underwater forest.
Couples can enjoy a freshly prepared picnic dinner, lovingly prepared by Head Chef Lucio De Allende. A wine list will be made available to all visitors on the evening, as well as a non-alcoholic or alcoholic drink upon arrival.
- Selection of freshly baked bread
- Local cheese board
- Snoek pate* and hummus
- Roast chicken*
- Chicken Caesar salad
- Roasted vegetable, couscous and feta salad
- Onion marmalade, Garlic aïoli and herb butter
- Chocolate selection
*Vegetarian options are available upon request.
For enquiries, please email [email protected] or call 021 408 3812.
|Refund policy||No refunds|