A Night at the Circus - The Caretaker
Dress up in your bowtie and top hat, get comfy on the couch and grab the popcorn, because a Night at the Circus is coming to you, virtually! Zip Zap Circus presents the virtual screening of ‘The Caretaker’, our family- friendly production initially performed at the Zip Zap Dome in 2011.
‘The Caretaker’, is choreographed and directed by the legendary Adele Blank from the Free Flight Dance Company, and combines theatre, dance and circus. Set in a quaint apartment block, inhabited by a kaleidoscope of people, ‘The Caretaker’ tells their stories and the events that transpire in the courtyard, including a fire in the building! These colourful stories are conveyed through the medium of circus acts including swinging trapeze, double straps, acrobatics, tumbling, juggling and much more. Who knew that circus skills would be the ultimate survival skills required in the event of a fire?
This is the first screening of our 3-show A Night At The Circus season. Whether you’re in lockdown with some company or solo, join us for a Night at the Circus. Expect hilarious antics of acrobatic wizardry interlaced with spellbinding aerial artistry performed by the extraordinarily talented Zip Zap children!
Please purchase the amount of tickets you need. i.e if you’re in a house of 4, please purchase 4 tickets.
Ndlovu Youth Choir
Brent van Rensburg - Creative Director
Zip Zap Circus is a social circus based in Cape Town that uses the circus arts as a tool for youth development and social transformation.
Working with children from diverse backgrounds, Zip Zap enables kids to ‘Dare to Dream’ and provides them with the tools to realize their dreams.
This is a recording of our show, performed at the Zip Zap Dome, in August 2011.
- Once you purchase your ticket(s), you will be sent a personalized link for the show. This link cannot be shared as it is unique to your username and password for your Quicket account.
- The link will become available to you at 15:55. The screening will be available from 16:00 – 22:00 (SAST) - (UTC +02:00)
I'd like to buy a ticket for a friend or family as a gift, what's the process:
- Log onto your Quicket Account (or create one if you don’t have one – very easy!) and purchase your tickets for A Night at the Circus.
- With each ticket purchase, Quicket will ask you to enter the recipient’s name, surname and email address which is unique for each ticket. If you are purchasing a few for your own home, you will enter the same email address in each case. Be sure to enter the correct email address for each recipient outside of your home.
- Make the purchase as per normal by entering all your relevant profile details and proceed to pay
- The recipient/s will each receive a direct mail from Quicket, with a unique link
- The recipient must click on the unique link, which takes them to Quicket to create their own profile (if they don’t already have one). This involves entering their email address and creating their own unique Password. If they already have a Quicket profile, they will be prompted to enter their Password which will advise the show date and time
- Now wait until the day of the show and Quicket will email you a unique link to log onto the show, 5 minutes before it is due to start
- Once the recipient clicks the link, it will ask for their Password (for Quicket) and allow access into the show
- Ta-da! Enjoy the show – we’ll see you in the front seat!
Will there be a customer service representative available during the screening:?
Zip Zap will be on standby to resolve any glitches and assist where we can between 16h00 - 22h00. Please whatsapp (only) +27 66 598 4264.
How long is the movie?
1 hour and 17 minutes
|Refund policy||No refunds|