High-Performance Board Workshop | Johannesburg, Sandton
Sirdar is the global leader in the education and implementation of governance as a performance enhancement tool within privately-held companies. In its education focus, Sirdar provides structured education programmes and experiences to support its clients and associates to create sustainable growth and value for their stakeholders.
· What is the role of a director, a shareholder and a manager?
· Is your board a high-performing board?
· Are you getting the value you want from your existing board?
By attending this practical workshop, you will find the answers to these questions and learn how to begin building a high-performance board.
Date: 19 March 2020
Investment: As per the ticket prices
Time: 08h30 – 16h30
The overall outcome of this intense workshop includes:
- Understand the requirements and responsibilities of boards and directors
- Improve the mastery of the ‘three hats’ of shareholder, director and manager
- Gain knowledge of the eight dimensions of governance as encapsulated in the Sirdar Enterprise Governance Compass
- Understand the importance and process in the selection of non-executive directors
- Evaluate the board’s effectiveness and the impact of the process around the board meetings themselves
- Determining the value of a high-performance board
- Understanding how to effectively implement a board process
- Ensuring you have trained directors as is required by the Companies Act
- Creating a foundation from which to ensure value is created through your board process
- Developing a common language among directors for best board practice
- Recognising your personal contribution as a director or executive to the board process
- Utilisation of the Contribution Compass profiling platform
- Improved board and director performance
- Improved outcomes for shareholders and other stakeholders
Learn how to grow the company you founded, or in which you are a shareholder-manager or family member beyond you and into a contributing and value-creating enterprise that makes a difference.
About the Facilitator
Roger Hitchcock is a very experienced facilitator who specialises in governance, strategy and company performance. He has worked for 20 years in both large corporate environments and small business environments. His speciality is in making complexity understandable and in facilitating robust solutions. He is passionate about assisting companies and individuals to find their clear strategic direction and purpose and helping them to take steps in implementing this purpose in an effective way.
Roger has held a number of directorships ranging from Executive Director in Honeylane Consulting to Non-Executive positions in the mining, retail and non-profit sectors.
“Not only has Sirdar brought to light and solidified what we have known the issues to be, it gives you a solid roadmap on what you can start changing and implementing to push your business to the next level. To be a more effective and efficient company”.
Tammy Davidson, General Manager of Missing Link