Hogsback Open Gardens 2021
22nd October until 14th Nov (Thurs-Sundays only)
Take a magical stroll through the magnificent gardens in the picturesque mountain village of Hogsback, Eastern Cape. Hogsback is famed for its show of magnificent Azaleas, Rhododendrons, Roses and other blooms which adorn gardens in swathes of brilliant colour for the months of October & November each year.
All guests will need to collect their map & wristbands from The Edge Mountain Retreat in order to gain access to gardens.
Special Weekends: Azalea Splendour - 29th-31st Oct, Magical Roses & Rhodi's 12th-14th Nov. On these weekends participating venues will have local markets and wine/food tasting events.
ALL OUR GARDENS ARE "SELF GUIDE" AND ONLY OPEN THURS-SUNDAY 9AM-5PM
This means you are able to visit all our open gardens listed on our map at your leisure. You do not have a guide accompanying you. You may or may not see the garden owners- this year we are not expecting our garden owners to interact with persons visiting their gardens due to Covid risks.
Gardens open are:
The Edge Mountain Retreat, Dunaverty (Rose Nursery), Mistlea (Azalea Nursery), Little Timbers, May Lodge, Mirrors & Dunskye
1. Your wristband is valid to enter gardens over your entire stay in Hogsback, so you are welcome to stretch out visiting
gardens onto more than 1 day.
2. Ensure you wear your wristbands - no wristband no entry.
3. You will need to drive to each garden in your own vehicle. We advise car pooling for larger groups as parking in some gardens is limited.
4. Gardens only open Thurs-Sundays 9am to 5pm.
5. Carefully read the details of each garden on the list to ensure you are familiar with all the details of that garden, such
as wheelchair access etc
Please respect our beautiful village and all the properties that you visit. Any unauthorized
removal of slips or plants is strictly prohibited.
All income from our garden tours is used to beautify and maintain the public areas of Hogsback. This includes the Arboretum, Village Green and road verges. The Gardeners who tend the listed gardens are also rewarded for their hard work by the Hogsback Garden Club, they are in invaluable part of our teams.
|Age restriction||Family friendly|
|Refund policy||No refunds|