DARKFEST-The Fest Series
There’s freeride, and then there’s DarkFEST 2020! The fourth edition of DarkFEST is coming in hot and it’s shaping up to be the biggest yet.
Hosted by MTB legend Sam Reynolds, along with his build crew Nico Vink and Clemens Kaudela. The boys are currently hard at work, building and beefing up the existing course as well as adding a new feature, which you can follow the weekly updates via Sam’s YouTube channel leading up…
We’re giving you a chance to get a behind the scenes look at the filming of one of the most viral core Mountain Bike video projects in recent years! The Hellsend Dirt Compound at Vuurberg farm near Stellenbosch will be open to the public for two days only with a limited batch of tickets up for grabs for Friday 7th and Saturday 8th of February,
Friday 7th and Saturday 8th February 2pm to 8.30pm - Tickets available from R180 per person.
*Note that the DarkFEST open days are entirely weather dependant with gusts of wind and unpredictable weather playing a big factor in the course being ridable on the day or not. We’ll be keep you updated with “Green Light" updates via the Facebook event page as to when the conditions will be prime for viewing.
The rider list includes some DarkFEST veterans as well as some young guns to make the most rounded and awesome rider line up of any event ever seen. Confirmed athletes: Sam Reynolds (GB) Nico Vink (BE) Clemens Kaudela (AT) Adolf Silva (ESP) Matt Macduff (CAN) Tom Van Steenbergen (CAN) Graham Agassiz (CAN) Brendan Fairclough (GB) Nicholi Rogatkin (USA) Theo Erlangson (ZA) Ike Klaassen (ZA) Remy Morton (NZ) Beinvenido Aguado (SPA) Kaos Seagrave (GB) Szymon Godziek (POL) Brage Vestavik (NOR) Jaxson Riddle (USA) Makken (NOR)
“So I sure am excited for the 4th edition of DarkFEST and can’t wait to continue the wild experiment that tests us all to see how big we can go! This year will be a special one because of my injury testing the jumps forcing me to watch from the sideline in 2019 so the anticipation for me is even higher than usual! It’s only made me more motivated to get out there and build some beasts after waiting all year!” - Sam Reynolds
Stay tuned for more updates and announcements via the DarkFEST Facebook and Instagram accounts.
TO MAKE THE MOST OF DARKFEST:
- Remember to collect your complimentary can of ice-cold Monster Energy on arrival.
- It's HOT, almost as HOT as the action, so bring sunscreen, a hat or an umbrella and keep a bottle of water on hand! Better still, get your hands on some limited edition DarkFEST bush hats, caps or T-shirts with your tickets NOW. And if you forget, don’t worry we got you covered! Merchandise will also be on sale at the open days.
- Food, Beverage AND Merchandise will be on sale throughout the day so bring along some cash
- Access to the course is not permitted, so in the interest of your own safety, please view the event from the designated areas and obey the instructions of all Marshalls and security staff
Just a reminder:
1. Look out for the Marshalls and signage to parking area. Entrance to the site is just past Vuurberg Wine Farm.
2. Make sure you collect the correct wrist band at the entry point i.e. if you bought a Darkfest Experience entry, make sure you have the applicable wrist band.
3. No Smoking is permitted anywhere on the farm! It’s dry and we don’t want a fire to put an end to the day’s proceedings.
4. No disorderly conduct or conduct that is deemed unbecoming will be accepted
5. Please obey the instructions of all marshals and security staff
6. Please use the bins provided for litter and clean up after yourself
7. Access to the course is not permitted, please view the event from the designated areas.
8. Look out for the official DarkFEST Merchandise sales where you can pick up some awesome DarkFEST gear
9. Children Under 10 years free
11. No under 18's allowed in the DarkFEST zone area unless accompanied by a paying adult
12.No pets allowed
13. Please note that the DarkFEST open days are entirely weather dependant with gusts of wind playing a big factor in the course being ridable or not. So to avoid disappointment stay tuned for "green light" updates via the Facebook event page as to when conditions will be prime for viewing.