In the City 2020
Join us for Joburg's hottest inner-city festival on Sunday 4 October 2020, headlined by award-winning UK grime artist, Stormzy! Register for tickets and be among the first to secure a pass when they go on sale. More info coming soon. #ITC2020
By purchasing an In the City Festival ticket(s) you agree to the following and understand that:
1. In the City Festival festival tickets are non-refundable. Should you no longer be able / willing to attend the festival for any reason whatsoever you (hereafter referred to as the ‘Ticket Holder’) will not be eligible for a refund on your festival ticket(s). The Ticket Holder who will no longer attend the event will need to find a buyer privately and transfer the tickets to the new buyer via their Quicket account.
2. If the Ticket Holder decides to gift their ticket(s) to someone that they know they need to ensure that the ticket(s) are transferred to the new Ticket Holder’s name and ID number, which can be done via a direct transfer from the Ticket Holder’s Quicket.co.za account. If the person that the ticket is being transferred to does not have a Quicket account, one will be automatically created for them when the transfer takes place. In the City Festival accepts no responsibility for loss / fraudulent transactions between third parties.
3. Direct transfers via Quicket.co.za account will close on 31 July 2020.
4. In the City Festival and Quicket will not be held accountable for any unsold ticket(s).
5. In the City Festival and Quicket are under no obligation to promote any festival ticket(s) that have been put up for sale by Ticket Holders.
6. Ticket Holders agree that by buying a ticket to In the City Festival, the only way to sell said ticket to a new Ticket Holder will be through a private sale of said ticket, and tickets will need to be transferred to the new Ticket Holder via the seller’s Quicket account.
7. In the event that an artist on the line-up is unable to perform at the festival or their performance is cancelled, there will be no refunds offered. In the City Festival will endeavour to find a suitable replacement for the artist who will no longer be performing.
8. By purchasing an In the City Festival ticket Ticket Holders agree to follow the below-mentioned festival rules and agree that the event organiser may change the rules at their own discretion.
No Under 18’s
Right of admission reserved
No ID / Passport = no entry
No alcohol or liquids of any kind to be brought into the festival
No illegal substances
No fires / skottels / hubbly / gas / braais
Please remember to respect the environment and leave no trace. No litter bugs.
No professional photography equipment unless you are accredited media. Any camera with an interchangeable lens system is considered professional equipment.
No entry will be permitted after gate closing times
This is a cashless event, please bring your bank card in order to transact throughout the festival.
Booking Process for Ticket Holders
1. You need to be 18 years old or older in order to gain access into In the City Festival. If you are turning 18 during the weekend of the festival you may only enter the festival grounds once you are officially of age.
2. You need to have your ID/passport number ready for the ticket booking process, read the terms and conditions of purchase, as well as have a full understanding of the festival’s Refunds Policy (please see Refunds Policy).
3. To book event tickets through Quicket, the automated booking process must be completed and payment information submitted in the prescribed manner. The Quicket booking process will provide Ticket Holders with an opportunity to review the entire transaction, to correct any mistakes and to withdraw from the transaction before finally submitting a booking request.
4. The supply of tickets offered depends upon the availability of tickets for the event. We may limit bookings to a specified number of persons.
5. The information submitted with a booking request will be processed “as is”. Ticket Holders must contact Quicket immediately if the information provided in the booking request is incorrect.
6. The owner of a ticket purchased on Quicket is the Quicket account holder. The owner of the credit card or bank account used in the purchase cannot claim ownership of a ticket.
7. You need to first register in order to be able to buy In the City Festival tickets. If you’re buying tickets for someone else, please make sure that they also register. You can register here.
The Ticket Holder will be required to provide payment details (i.e. credit card details) when submitting a booking request. Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, SnapScan, Spot, Instant EFT or EFT/Bank Transfer.
By submitting a booking request, permission is granted to debit the designated account with the relevant ticket purchase price. Please note that Quicket will not be obliged to issue any tickets to the Ticket Holder prior to receiving full payment of the full ticket purchase price. Should Quicket not receive payment, for any reason whatsoever, the Ticket Holder’s booking may be cancelled and the ticket(s) may be resold without further notice. The Ticket Holder hereby warrants that it is duly authorised to make payments from the account as provided to Quicket, and accordingly authorises Quicket to pay all amounts to be refunded into the same account.
If a payment is made using the EFT or Bank Transfer option, Quicket cannot issue tickets until an official bank-issued payment confirmation is received. The bank confirmation needs to clearly indicate the Quicket bank account details, as well as the correct amount for the booking, and the correct reference number. Note that payment into the Quicket bank account does not fulfil a booking. Quicket requires a payment confirmation from the bank before a booking can be fulfilled.
Credit card security
Credit card transactions for events in South Africa will be processed for Quicket via Peach Payments, an approved payment gateway for Nedbank South Africa. Peach Payments uses strict encryption, 256-bit AES, and no credit card details are stored on Quicket’s servers. Users may go to http://peachpayments.com to view Peach Payments’ security certificate and security policy.
Payments for international events are processed using Stripe. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. All card numbers are encrypted with AES-256. Users may go to https://stripe.com/docs/security for more details on Stripe’s security measures.
Quicket does not store any credit card details on its servers and all personal details are stored separately from card details. All card details which are provided by users are stored on Peach Payments’ or Stripe’s secure site as per secure credit card acquiring and security specifications. Quicket cannot be held liable in the unlikely event that there is a breach in security of the Peach Payments or Stripes servers or systems, although we will take whatever action we deem necessary to ensure that such breach is rectified, to the extent possible, by Peach Payments and/or Stripe.
Country and transaction currency
Quicket transacts in a number of currencies depending on the location of the event, and other factors. All ticket prices quoted to Ticket Holders will include VAT.
Quicket will deliver tickets via email only once payment has been received by us in full.
Lost, Stolen and Destroyed Tickets
Only a person with an electronic ticket containing the relevant person’s name, unique reference number, barcodes and/or access codes will be permitted access to an event. When attending the event the Ticket Holder needs to ensure that their ID / passport number reflects on their ticket and the Ticket Holder is required to bring the matching ID / passport document to the festival in order to gain access.
In the event that the Ticket Holder has lost their ID or passport document, the Ticket Holder is required to bring an official affidavit from the South African Police Service, which states the whereabouts of their ID / passport document (lost/stolen/in the process of being replaced). Ticket Holders need to be 18 years old or older to attend the festival. If you are turning 18 during the weekend of the festival, you may only enter the festival grounds once you are officially of age.
The risk for loss and damage to tickets shall pass to the Ticket Holder upon delivery of the ticket via e-mail. Tickets that have been lost, stolen or destroyed, for any reason whatsoever, will not be replaced. Quicket and In the City Festival cannot be held liable where a Ticket Holder accidentally sends a ticket to a third party who uses it to gain access to an event.
In the City Festival, as Organisers of the event, may postpone or cancel, or curtail, or otherwise restrict events (“Curtail”). Where an Organiser Curtails an event such an Organiser will offer the Ticket Holder a refund or exchange of tickets. In the case of an event being Curtailed, relevant Ticket Holders will be refunded the face value of their tickets, unless otherwise stipulated by the Organiser. Please note that service fees are non-refundable. In this case, the following refund fee may apply to the Organiser:
– if the cancellation occurs prior to the start of the event, a 10% cancellation fee will apply for all funds collected;
– if a postponement, curtailment or restriction occurs prior to the start of an event, a 10% cancellation fee will apply for funds collected by those who request a refund;
Should the event be Curtailed by the event Organiser, Ticket Holders will be eligible for a refund for the face value of the tickets bought. Where a credit card was used to make a refunded purchase, then the actual credit card used in the transaction will receive the credit for the refund.
In the City Festival tickets may ONLY be given away in competitions by official event partners and sponsors. We do not allow for any tickets purchased to be given away by third parties for personal or event promotion.
If you are the winner of an In the City Festival ticket through an official festival brand partner/sponsor or through our social media channels, it’s important to note that the ticket is non-transferrable and not redeemable for cash. If you can no longer attend the event you will need to contact the brand via the platform that the ticket(s) were awarded to you, and they will cancel the ticket(s).
In the City Festival Services are provided subject to applicable law and consumer protection legislation, but are otherwise provided without any warranty, and not subject to any condition (express or implied), except as specifically stated in the Site.
We cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the service and operation of the Quicket and In the City Festival Sites and mobile systems. Quicket and In the City Festival shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the running of the Quicket Services, or the working of the Site, where such failure is due to factors beyond Quicket or In the City Festival’s control.
Quicket and In the City Festival will not be held liable for any indirect, special or consequential losses of any kind whatsoever arising from, or in connection with any booking (whether in contract, statute or delict).
Users acknowledge that access to the ticket booking Site may occasionally be restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. Quicket and In the City Festival will attempt to restore the Site as soon as reasonably possible.
Users acknowledge that by purchasing an In the City Festival ticket, In the City Festival, Steyn Entertainment and its affiliates may use the photographs and video footage containing yourself or likeness for marketing and promotional purposes, and other business.
Users acknowledge that tickets purchased for In the City Festival may not be used for personal promotions or to run campaigns/competitions on personal or business platforms, both print and social media, and that in order to run a giveaway of any In the City Festival festival ticket, the user needs to be granted written, signed permission from In the City Festival or Steyn Entertainment.