2 Day design sprint masterclass - Increase the value and effectiveness of your UX design services.
The UX design gold rush is over and design thinking is making a comeback. One of the most undervalued UX skills today is the ability to facilitate conversations and actually solve business problems while truly understanding your user needs.
Contrary to what the modern hustle culture might have you believe, career progression does NOT have to equal burnout. Learn how to run innovation product design sprints and find out how you can work faster with ZERO burnout.
This 2 day masterclass will provide you with a step by step guide on how you can add more value and effectiveness to your projects as a UX designer using design thinking in a clear process.
It lets you cut out all those hidden inefficiencies that drag you down on a daily basis: excruciatingly ineffective meetings, long launch phases and busywork. It prioritises progress over perfection, so you invest your time where it matters.
The Sprint is a repeatable process for solving complex problems with a clear plan. That can get you ahead of the competition in pretty much any role you take on.
By becoming a Sprint facilitator you will take the next step in your career from being an executor to a valuable strategic partner for your team, boss, or clients.
What to expect
- Understand and do the key activities from the Product Design Sprint
- Hands-ons exercises around a scenario
- Why Sprint, what is it good for and what are the principles?
- Learn the tips and tricks used to deliver successful Sprints
- How to sell in the Design Sprint into your business
- To understand what happens after the Design Sprint
- Facilitation tips on getting the most out of a team while not working them hard
Who should attend
- You want to learn how to facilitate and lead a team in a very accessible way
- You find that your team spends too much time discussing and too little time deciding
- You want to learn techniques on how to gain alignment within your team
- Discovery phases and kick-offs seem unstructured, long and not rigorous enough
- You want to learn how to take your UX career to the next level
About the facilitator:
Varima has worked as a UX designer and product strategist in the learning, technology and financial landscape of the South African market.
Over the past 10 years, he has created a deep understanding of how people learn, use products and the processes that make it all happen. He currently facilitates Design Sprints with product teams across the South Africa, helping them build products and services that are effective and resonate with the needs of their customers and users.
Varima Henry is a digital product designer and strategist based in Johannesburg, South Africa. He is a thought leader in Design thinking using Design Sprints to help teams in agile and waterfall environments build better products at speed.