Volksrust Marathon 2020
DATE : Saturday 25 January 2020
TIME : Start 06:00 for Runners and Walkers
Cut off 11:00
VENUE : Start and Finish at VOLKSRUST HIGH SCHOOL
ROUTE : Out and back, undulating course, tarred road, water points every 2km,
42.2km race will include 5km gravel road
Comrades Qualifier. Walkers welcome, as long as they finish at 11:00
All finishers receive a medal.
Prize giving and lucky draw prizes at 11:00
Runners – Gold Medals to first 5 men and ladies in each race. Silver medals to positions 6-15 and bronze medals to all finishers within 5 hour cut-off. Prize money to the first 3 male and female finishers. No category prizes.
Volksrust Race Prize Money for Runners: Men and Ladies
- Referees Decision is Final
- Obey all traffic officials and race marshalls.
- The race will be run according to the rules of the IAAF and ASA
- No seconding will be allowed
- Ages: Athletes for 10km must be 14 years or older on race day.
- Athletes for 21.1km must be 16 years or older on race day.
- Athletes for 42.2km must be 20 years or older on race day.
- Proof of age (ID) to be produced upon request on race day.
- All athletes will participate at their own risk
- Registered athletes must wear full club colours
- 2019/2020 license numbers must be worn on the front and back of the vest
- Temp license at the front of the vest
- Remember to fill in the temp license
- Age category ID tags must be worn (front and back) by athletes competing for a category prize
- AND the tag must be fixed on all 4 corners
- Walkers must have a fixed W on the vest to qualify for any prizes
- 12% levy of entry fee must be paid over to Athletics Mpumalanga by race organizer
- No Ipods allowed during the race
School tuck shop will be open.
For further information:
Jopie Jordan : 083 760 2629
Reiner Stucky : 082 735 1104 or 034 328 1010
Linda Duvenage: 083 733 4621
Siyabonga Msimango : 073 481 8528
Sanet Thysse : 034 328 1013
* Race run according to rules and regulations of ASA. The organizers accept no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury suffered by participants
For more information visit our web site at: http://www volksrust com/marathon