Venomous Animal First Responder Seminar, 8th March 2020
Date: 8th March 2020
Venue: Kloofendal Nature reserve, Gauteng
Join author, conservationist and speaker, Jonathan Leeming for 4 hour seminar on venomous animal bites and stings. This seminar is ideal for anyone concerned about snake bite, spider bite, scorpion stings, bee & wasp stings, centipede bites, sting ray and stonefish stings, jellyfish stings.
In this seminar, Jonathan will cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first responder.
- 4 Principles of living or working where venomous animals occur.
- Zone risk assessment.
- Introduction to venomous animals.
- Snake bite and responding to an emergency.
- Spider bites and responding to an emergency.
- Scorpion stings and responding to an emergency.
- Bee & wasp stings and responding to an emergency.
- Centipede bites and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic vertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic invertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Emergency Response Plan.
The First Responder to is essential for:
- Field guides and lodge staff.
- Wildlife estate residents.
- Outdoor enthusiasts.
- Anyone concerned about venomous animals.
- Venomous animal awareness posters.
- Emergency protocols.
- Emergency response plan template.
For more information visit http://www.scorpions.co.za/pages/first-responder/
Jonathan Leeming is a unique individual. Born in England in 1970, he was fortunate to have been bought up in a family who encouraged an understanding and appreciation of all aspects of the natural world. Fascinated by those creatures that bite and sting, his journey through a world that so many fear yet few understand began. In 2003, he wrote Scorpions of southern Africa, which gave him the leverage and a platform to be seen and heard. Jonathan quickly became the venomous animal go-to-guy. He has written 9 books, spoken in 11 countries on subject such as antivenom management, snakebite, scorpion stings, spider bite, risk assessment and first aid.