Lavuth' iBhayi Summer 2019 Workshop
The Lavuth' iBhayi Summer 2019 Workshop is an opportunity for aspiring filmmakers to meet (and mingle with) industry leaders and to attend a variety of talks and discussions on issues facing aspiring filmmakers today.
The jam-packed, full-day programme includes presentations by South Africa's leading film funders and filmmakers, as well as exhibitions by relevant stakeholders. The R100 ticket price includes teas and light snacks and a reusable, eco-friendly goody bag. In addition, the first 50 people who buy tickets online will get a limited edition Lavuth' iBhayi T-shirt.
The programme includes the following speakers and topics:
- The Board Chairperson of the National Film and Video Foundation, Mr Phil Molefe: "The latest developments and opportunities for emerging and aspirant filmmakers in the South African film landscape"
- Co-owner of Yellowbone Entertainment, the Writer and Director Mr Jamil X.T. Qubeka, whose latest film "Knuckle City" will represent South Africa at the 2020 Oscars in the Best International Film category: "My journey towards success in the film industry: An introspective"
- The CEO of the MICT Seta, Mr Mdu Zakwe: "Scarce film (and other screen content) production skills needed in SA to be competitive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution"
- Veteran Film Producer of major box office successes, including Leon Schuster films, Mr Andre Scholtz: "Common challenges faced by emerging producers and how to avoid these"
- The Co-owner of Ofentse Mwase films, Ms Nelisiwe Mwase: "How social media can be used to build, maintain, and grow your film production business"
- Actress, currently in Showmax series, "Die Byl" and founder of Ikasi Films, Ms Lika Berning: "Industry lessons learnt both in front of and behind the camera"
- Co-owner of Yellowbone Entertainment, the Producer, Ms Layla Swart: "“What it takes for a female film producer to succeed in a traditionally male-dominated industry”
If you dream of becoming a filmmaker, are at the start of your creative career or want to take your screen content business top a higher level, this is the place to be!