Cheers 4 Charity - Fundraiser Pub Run
BLOOD, SWEAT & BEERS 9km Route Profile:
- START 18H00 Table View Tennis Club
- STOP #1 Tony’s Roma
- STOP #2 McPhersons and Enjoy Table Mountain View along the vlei
- STOP #3 Milnerton Aquatic Club
- FINISH LINE Table View Tennis Club
- R205 for Pre-entries
- R220 for on the day entries
- Enter online now to guarantee your Pub Run T-shirt
- The famous Pub Run T-Shirt with its unique 2019 design to first 300 entrants only!
- Free drinks at all sponsored “Aid Stations”
- 4 Free Drinks
- Registration & Race Pack collection starts at 16H00
- Free entrance for athletes and their families to the after party at the finish line.
- Food and drinks on sale at registration and at the finish line
- Race Enquiries: [email protected]
Pub Run History:
There is history behind the West Coast Pub Run. There has been an annual pub run at West Coast Athletic Club (WCAC) for more than 17 years but the event has grown and grown since those early days.
Back then, in December each year a few runners would take some cash on a Tuesday night training session, run to Marine Circle and do a pub crawl all the way back to the clubhouse, generally gathering a group of 12 – 20 guys and gals.
Then in 2003, our visionary Club Captain Terry Ireland decided we needed West Coast branded Pub Run t-shirts and all of a sudden our numbers jumped to 75 pre-paid entries!
In 2004 there were 150 entrants and seeing the direction this was going in, it was decided to use the event to raise some monies for charity. That year we were able to hand over our first charity cheque for R8,000 to Reach for a Dream.
In 2005 we had around 250 entrants; in 2006, 350; and these days the pub runs attract around 450 – 500 entrants each year. Our donations to charity have also risen over the years.
By our 10th anniversary Charity Pub Run in 2012 we had raised a total of R257,000, and throughout those years we have donated to various charities including Reach for a Dream, Home of Hope, Community Intervention Centre (CIC) and the Emmanuel Care Centre in Atlantis.
The Emmanuel Care Centre in Atlantis was brought to our attention in 2007. They care for 60+ mentally challenged children and were in desperate need of funds so we decided to support them and keep doing so. Since 2007 WCAC have donated a total of R149,000 to the Emmanuel Care Centre.
Various individual, long standing club members along the way have also received contributions towards medical expenses.
Since deciding to build our own clubhouse we have also used the pub run fundraiser as a vehicle for gathering some much needed building funds, and without the sponsors who give generously each year it would not be the success it is, especially during these tough economic times.
|Refund policy||No refunds|