KZN Learning Clan 2019
A weekend long, co-created village in nature. Exploring self-sufficiency, sharing knowledge, skills and passions, talking about things that matter, healing and empowering ourselves, feasting, dancing and celebrating life!
Please read the Website so you know what the ethos is, what to expect and what is expected, how to participate, what to bring etc.
BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR TICKET
You must be a member of the Talent Exchange:
- This is a no-money event - you can gift, barter or swop or use the Talent Exchange.
- Sign up if you're not already a member. It's quick and easy and free and is a handy tool for being able to trade without money Before, During and even After the festival.
- Go to www.community-exchange.org to check how it works and how to start trading as newbie. To JOIN. pick South Africa, then select Durban (DTTE)
- You will be asked what your offering is. This does NOT have to be the same as the offering you bring to the event.
- You will receive a TE number within 24 hours, which you must enter when you buy your ticket above.
- There are many exchanges all over the world, and here in Kzn most of us are advertising our products and services on, and use the Durban Talent Exchange (DTTE). All exchanges can trade freely with each other.
If you are already a member of the Exchange
- please enter your Talent number and Talent balance - this is so we know that YOU know, if you have a positive or negative balance.
The idea is to keep your balance around zero. If you have a negative balance it means you have only taken and not yet given to your community, so you need to think of something to do or sell on the Exchange in the next few months or have a definite plan to earn talents at the Fest. See the website for ideas.
If this sounds complicated, don't worry, it's all part of the learning, you'll get the hang of it and be glad of this amazing system to trade with people without needing money, or banks or vat.
Some of What you'll get:
- A beautiful campsite near flowing streams in a beautiful nature setting
- Hills, waterfalls, rivers, two serene dams and lots of nature to explore
- An opportunity to share your skills, goods and services and earn Talents
- Free Stall space at the village market
- Live music stage, drumming circles, and dance floor
- A children’s area with educational and fun activities.
- Separate ladies and gents ablution facilities and hot showers.
- Areas to hold talks, workshops, yoga, debates, healing, anything you would like to offer needing a space
- Access to:
~ various workshops,
~ entertainment being offered by participants,
Lots of activities are usually available, some free, others for Talents or combinations - see website for growing list.
- The price is the same whether you attend for the whole weekend or for one day. To get the full experience, it's best to spend the full weekend.
- The price is charged in Rands, and equivalent Talents at entry to the event which allows access for both days. ALL Welcome! Check with organisers if you are unclear about Trading at Kzn Learning Clan.
- Conscious camping and 'contributionism' is key = leave no trace, offer help where needed, do no harm, random acts of kindness... that kind of thing
- Read the website for details of what to bring, etc.
- Let us know what you plan to offer so we can promote it on the KZN Learning Clan website and the KZN Learning Clan Facebook page.
The organisers and farm owners at GibaLand accept no responsibility for injury, death, loss or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles or belongings resulting from any cause. Although due care has been taken to make this event as safe and secure as possible, participation is entirely at your own risk. By buying this ticket, you agree to this.
RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
Thanks for your open heart and mind, your willingness to participate, your honesty and understanding, and your respect for others and the environment.
See you there!