ATK BMW Hot Lap Challenge
The ATK Hotlap challenge is back, this time in association with BMW & PlayStation!
Do you have what it takes? Come prove it at @ rAge 2019 and set your fastest lap time.
TERMS & CONDITIONS for the “ATK Hot Lap Challenge, powered by Mercedes-Benz” competition
The following terms and conditions apply to the “ATK Hot Lap Challenge, powered by Mercedes-Benz” (hereinafter referred to as “the competition”), which the participant undertakes and agrees to be bound by.
1. The competition runs from 21 September 2019 to 24 September 2019, at the Comic Con Africa 2019 event at Gallagher Estate, Midrand.
2. The Organiser of the competition is Mercedes-Benz South Africa (Pty) Ltd, hereafter referred to as the “Organiser”.
The Organiser will be supported by ATK ESPORT (PTY) LTD, hereinafter referred to as the “Supplier”, who will supply the equipment, staff and tournament structure used to run the competition.
1. The main prize consists of one (1) A-Class A 250 Sport (hatchback) for a period of one (1) year, subject to insurance requirements.
2. Runner-up prizes consist of five (5) vouchers for an AMG Driving Academy course, valid for a period of one (1) year from the time of the prize handover.
1. To qualify for the competition, entrants must register online at the Quicket event page https://www.quicket.co.za/events/85575-atk-hot-lap-challenge-powered-by-mercedes-benz , provide the required personal and contact information for verification purposes, and book a slot as per the schedule provided.
2. When preparing for the competition on the simulators, drivers must use the cars set-up as follows, with assistance from Supplier staff if needed:
a. Car: Mercedes AMG GT3
i. Traction Control: On
ii. Stability Control: On
iii. Mechanical Damage: Off
iv. Tyre Blankets: On
v. ABS: On
vi. Fuel Consumption: Off
vii. Tyre Wear: Off
viii. Gearbox: Manual
ix. Ideal Racing Line: On
c. Laps: 3
d. Format: Hotlap
e. Ghost Car: Off
f. Conditions: Perfect/Optimum
3. Drivers will have three (3) laps to set their fastest time, which will be placed onto a leader board.
4. Drivers may enter the competition multiple times during the course of Comic Con Africa, as long as this does not prevent non-competitors from racing on the simulators.
5. To be eligible for the prizes, entrants must have a valid South African or international driver’s licence, must be over the age of 18, must have a valid form of identification (South African ID or international passport), and must be resident in South Africa for a period of at least one (1) year prior to and following the competition.
6. The winner must be the driver, who must abide by the prize eligibility requirements. Driving on behalf of a nonentrant is not permitted.
7. The winners will be chosen from the leaderboard results between 25 and 27 September 2019.
8. Winners will undergo a verification process and will have to respond within 24 hours to claim the prize, or the next closest winner will be chosen.
9. The main prize will be awarded to the driver with the fastest of three laps of the four-day event.
10. A voucher for an AMG Driving Academy course will be awarded to the runner-up with the second fastest overall time over the course of the competition.
11. A voucher for an AMG Driving Academy course will be awarded to the fastest driver per day of the competition, unless this is the overall winner or overall runner-up.
12. The names of the winners will be announced on MBSA and ATK’s social media platforms on Monday, 30 September 2019.
13. The winners are responsible for travel and accommodation costs, should they live outside the area of the AMG Driving Academy.
14. All prizes are non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered. Prizes may be tranferable upon confirmation by the Organiser.
15. The competition is not open to any of MBSA’s or Sandown Motors’ or ATK’s or Reed Events’ employees, its partners and affiliates, its suppliers, or their immediate family members.
General terms & conditions:
1. All information relating to this competition, which may be published on any promotional material via media, is covered by these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between the content of such promotional material and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, terminate or alter the terms of this competition by giving reasonable notice, and shall be absolved from any liability whatsoever which may arise subsequent to such cancellation, termination or alteration. Details of any changes will be communicated on the Mercedes-Benz South Africa Facebook and Twitter platforms, and on the ATK social media platforms: Twitter: @atkarena Twitch: @atk_zone FB: @atkarena Instagram: @atkarena
3. The Organiser further reserves the right to terminate this competition immediately and without notice in the event that the competition is found to be or is deemed unlawful.
4. Should the Organiser be required by any legislation, the Minister of Trade and Industry, or the National Lotteries Board to alter any aspect of this competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, the Organiser shall have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of termination. Should the events in clause 4 occur, all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the organiser and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Organiser, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar commercial value.
6. By entering this Competition, the participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the terms and conditions.
7. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be assumed by the Organiser for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8. The participant acknowledges that all intellectual property rights (including the rights in designs) subsisting (or which may in the future subsist) in the print design shall automatically, on creation, vest in the absolute control of the Organiser.
9. The participants will be contacted in order to request their consent prior to any of their personal information being published online or on a public platform. The participant agrees to abide by the decision of the judges, which decision is final on all matters pertaining to this competition.
10. The winner indemnifies the Organiser, its affiliates, respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss, or damage, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this competition or the possession, use, misuse of, or inability to use the prize.
11. The participant undertakes that should any third party lodge a claim for breach of copyright or breach of any other intellectual property right, or any loss or damage arising from the participant's submission to the contest, the participant will indemnify the Organiser, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all such claims, including reasonable attorneys’ fees related thereto.
12. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
13. The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
14. The judges’ decision will be made in their absolute discretion and be deemed final. No appeals will be entertained.