GH SPRING BRUNCH 2019
Celebrate the new season with the 2019 Good Housekeeping Spring Brunch. In association with Miladys, African Extracts Radiance range and Rhodes Quality we will be celebrating spring with good food, festive spring drinks, fresh new décor, fashion and beauty ideas, and expert tips on how to spring-clean both your home and your life. #GHSpringBrunch
Date: Friday 4 October 2019
Venue: Joostenberg Wine Estate, Klein Joostenberg, R304, Muldersvlei, Stellenbosch
Time: 9.30am to 2pm
Price: R225 for early-bird tickets & R250 for general-access tickets
Dress code: We kindly request that all guests wear a recycled item with their spring outfits and they could win a prize from Miladys!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Renowned media personality Liezel van der Westhuizen will be the MC.
- Guest speaker and author Julia Albu (famous for driving her 20-year-old Toyota Conquest from Cape Town to London at 80 years of age) will inspire guests with a speech about overcoming seemingly impossible obstacles.
- Raffles will be held on the day for incredible giveaways, with ticket proceeds going to the NGO charity Outliers, which aims to provide opportunities for learners through safe, resourced after-school learning spaces and programmes.
- A spring-platters food demo with a top celebrity chef.
- In honour of the theme of sustainability, Good Housekeeping's deputy editor, Vicki Sleet, will do a demo on spring upcycling and refurbishing ideas for the home.
- Milady’s marketing manager, Philippa Feher, will give a spring-style talk focusing on sustainability and recycling in fashion.
- The guest who wears the best and most creative recycled item will also receive a prize from Miladys!
- Everyone will get an amazing goody bag sponsored by Miladys filled with spoils for spring and made from recycled plastic bottles!
9.30am to 10.15am - Guest arrival: Registration/Pre-activations/Welcome snacks
10.15am to 10.30am - Guests asked to be seated for welcome address
10.30am to 10.40am - Welcome: MC (Liezel van der Westhuizen) and Good Housekeeping's Editor (Sally Emery)
10.40am to 10.50am - Introduction to Charity: Outliers
10.50am to 11.30am - Demo 1: Food Demo (spring platters) with a Celebrity Chef
11.30 am to 11.35am - Raffle: Round 1
11.35am to 12.20pm - Break: Buffet Brunch
12.20pm to 12.25pm - Guests asked to be seated for the second demo
12.25pm to 12.40pm - Demo 2: Spring ideas and up-cycling with Good Housekeeping's Deputy Editor, Vicki Sleet
12.40pm to 1pm - Style Talk: with Philippa Feher, Miladys Marketing Manager
1pm to 1.25pm - Motivational Speaker: Julia Albu
1.25pm to 1.30pm - Raffle: Round 2
1.30pm to 1.40pm - Thank you and Closing, and cheque handover to Outliers
1.40pm to 2pm - Guests to collect goody bags
This post is sponsored by Miladys, African Extracts and Rhodes Quality.
Get your tickets now!