Mark Sham presents: Back to the Future (JHB Edition)
HELLO, MY NAME IS MARK SHAM!
I am an entrepreneur, author and speaker. Most people know me as the founder of Suits & Sneakers which is personal development platform with a few twists. I am hosting a really cool event in October that I would like you to attend...
WHAT IS THIS EVENT ALL ABOUT?
On the evening of Thursday, 17 October 2019, I will be hosting a one-man show in Johannesburg where I will be presenting the newest version of my most popular keynote called "Back to the Future" to a live audience with around 1,000 people in attendance.
I have put this event together to create awareness and raise funds for a school called Christel House which educates the poorest kids in the Western Cape at no cost. This organisation is incredibly dear to my heart because I believe that all young people should have access to quality education so that they have an equal opportunity to make something of their lives. All proceeds from ticket revenue on the night will be donated to Christel House.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
As a speaker, I travel all over the world helping people and businesses be better prepared for the future. "Back to the Future" is my subjective take on how the world is changing faster than ever as well as what we all need to do, both in our personal and professional lives, in order to thrive in this ever-changing world. If you plan on keeping your job or being able to provide for your family in the next 5 years, you want to attend this talk to learn how the world is shifting so that you can be prepared for these changes.
I am a passionate entrepreneur, author, and speaker who really just wants to help people become better versions of themselves. I don't know how it is for you but when I am able to help someone in any way, my soul lights on fire. I have done many things in my life and the one major lesson that I've learned is to follow the things that continually get me most excited.
SUITS & SNEAKERS IS THE VEHICLE I USE TO CREATE CHANGE!
After running multiple businesses over the years, I felt a deep conviction to start a company called Suits & Sneakers in 2015. My aim was to showcase to the world how powerful informal education (YouTube, podcasts, reading) really is while also helping companies and individuals better prepare for the future by becoming self-directed, continuous learners. Lastly, I wanted to build a re-imagined school for young people who need access to quality education but can't afford it. When I discovered Christel House, I immediately realised that they were already doing this and I had to do everything I could to help them.
These days, I have a base in London as well as South Africa and travel between the two territories every month. I run Suits & Sneakers in both parts of the world, speak all over, and I write a lot via my Facebook page. Lastly, I believe that travel is one of the greatest forms of education and I make every effort to constantly see more of the world (which is why I decided to setup a base in London).
Watch this video for more info:
I will be presenting the latest version of my most popular keynote called "Back to the Future". This talk is divided into two parts.
I always start by giving my audience some context:
- How/why we are living through the most unique time in human history
- How/why time and change is started to speed up at a rate we have never seen before
- At the same time, humans are not generally well adapted to this rate of change
- Why the evolution of digitisation and technology is changing our world forever
- How exponential change and convergence impacts every human being on earth whether they like it or not
- I offer several real life examples of these types of shifts
- Why the single most important skill you can have is to learn, unlearn, and relearn
- How the current education system is failing inidividuals and companies alike
- What we need to do to adapt in this new future
- Why experiementation is so critical to our success in this new world
- How we finally get to choose what we do in life for the first time ever
- Understanding what skills we need to learn and who we need to become to thrive
- How to prepare our kids for the future
Lastly, not only will you genuinely learn many valuable lessons on the night but we will all be gathering to create incredible change by helping Christel House educuate more of South Africa's poorest kids who need access to quality education the most but can't afford it.
|Refund policy||No refunds|