Autumn-Winter 2020 Symposium
Bi-annual Growers Symposium (Autumn-Winter 2020)
Date: Thursday, 19 March 2020.
Venue: Cedara College Centenary Center, Cedara
GPS: TBC or Plus-Code TBC
Cost: R250.00 (Early Bird R200.00), includes teas, a light finger lunch (please indicate dietary preferences when booking) and field visit (own transport).
Theme: “If you can measure, you can control!”
Bi-annual Symposia: ‘Autumn-Winter’ (Third Thursday of March, unless it is a public holiday, in which case it becomes the Second Thursday of March!) & ‘Spring-Summer’ (Third Thursday of August), every year.
- The cost of exhibition space is R750 per 10m2, although we are not precise about the measurements. In deference to other exhibitors, applicants who utilise more space than that may contribute a fee based on an estimated pro-rata for the space utilised. Tables and electricity (provide your own leads) are available in the exhibition area.
- The fee includes two symposium passes, as well as a “3 minute” commercial spot on the programme before mid-morning tea; please come prepared.
- There is a lucky-prize draw at the end of the morning (just before lunch) to which you are welcome to contribute; maybe a deemed value of R100 could be a guideline? Kindly hand your contribution (if any) to the Chairman, early on the day, in order to be recognised for your participation through the course of the event.
- Please have your exhibit set up and ready by 08h15 (i.e. by start of Registration) on the day of the Symposium. This is to the exhibitor's advantage as it allows full and uninterrupted viewing of the exhibit as well as undisturbed consultation on the products displayed. The venue has 24h access, with full security. Exhibitors can thus even set up the afternoon or evening before the symposium.
- You are advised to only break down and remove your exhibit after lunch (after 14h00), in order to fully utilise your time for interaction with delegates.
- Kindly be responsible in clearing away any waste material, particularly of the wet type. Please leave the area as you found it.
- For any further questions please contact us on the e-mail at the top of this page, e.g. if you would like to book a stand, but would prefer payment on the day of the symposium, which must be done by 14h00 latest on the day. This would also apply to direct EFT’s in advance, which would require banking detail.
- Thanks in advance for your support and co-operation!
Theme: “Is it a license or a permit, what's the difference?”
09h00 Chairman’s opening and introduction
09h05 Keynote Speaker 1
(Each speaker slot includes a few minutes for “Questions from the floor”)
09h55 Speaker 2
10h25 3-minute “Spot presentations” by Exhibitors
10h40 Tea & Coffee, interaction with Exhibitors and Speakers (Kindly allow the speakers also to get something to drink.)
11h00 Speaker 3
11h30 Speaker 4
12h00 Speaker 5
12h30 Speaker 6
13h00 Lucky Prize draw and Closing
13h10 Finger lunch, interaction with Exhibitors and Speakers (Kindly allow the speakers also to get some refreshments, before you make your merry way to the field visit!)
13h45 Depart for Field Visit
14h15 Tour of Field Visit