Cape Town Train-the-Trainer Workshops - Arise
Arise offers two Train-the Trainer workshops, where we equip other professionals to run our award winning programmess in their own context and spheres. The workshops will be facilitated by Clinical Psychologist, Robyn Jacobs, and Danielle Moosajie, Social Worker with a Masters in Social Policy and Management and were awarded National Social Innovation Gold Award from Community Chest Impumelelo 2018.
Thursday 26 September - Fierce - Self Esteem Group for Teen Girls
- 6 sessions of strength based, self-esteem development workshops for teen girls.
- Session focuses on a specific topic covered in a 60-minute session format. Each workshop can be presented individually.
- Designed to be delivered in a group setting, with approximately 10 participants, between the ages of 14 and 16 years. The sessions can be adapted for younger or older learners.
- Includes a session plan for a parent feedback session and a 3 month follow up session with the participants. This ensures ongoing family strengthening and provides a platform to conduct rigorous monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
- Objectives are assessed by the use of a self-esteem questionnaire from participants themselves, as well as the evaluation sheets completed by each participant.
Friday 27 September April - Finding Feelings - Emotional Literacy Group for Grade 1s & 2s
- The ability to cope effectively with emotions is essential to the child's development and behaviour.
- 6 sessions of strength based, emotional literacy development
- Each session focuses on a specific topic, covered in a 60-minute format, and building on each of the previous weeks’ topics.
- Designed to be delivered in a group setting, with approximately 10 participants, between the ages of 6 and 8 years. The sessions can be adapted for younger or older learners.
- Includes a session plan for a parent feedback session and a 3-month follow up session with the participants.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
- Objectives are assessed by the use of an emotional literacy questionnaire from participants themselves, as well as evaluation and discussion by the learners’ teachers.
-Both workshops are CPD accredited - HPCSA - 6 points, SACSSP - 5 points.
-Training is endorsed and subsidised by the Shuttleworth Foundation.
-The conference ticket includes lunch and a course manual with digital resources. For any questions, please contact Arise on 021 633 4058 or [email protected]
-Group bookings for 3 or more qualify for a discounted rate of R800pp - email Robyn on [email protected] to qualify and register.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 48 hours before training is due to start, you will only be liable for a cancellation fee of 5% of ticket fee plus R5 admin fee. Cancellations made less than 48 hours before training is due to start will be refunded less the cost of the 5% cancellation fee, R5 admin fee plus cost of catering. If Arise cancels the workshop due to insufficient interest, you will be refunded in full.