Cape Town International Kite Festival 2019
See some of the world’s most spectacular kites ‘Let Hope Fly’ at the 25th Cape Town International Kite Festival in Muizenberg on 26 and 27 October.
Enjoy fresh-air family fun that’s good for mind and body, and support Cape Mental Health, South Africa’s oldest mental health charity.
There’ll be free kite-making workshops, live entertainment, stalls and rides – plenty to keep the whole family happily entertained. Pack a picnic or take your pick of festival fare from the many food trucks. This will be the 25th edition of the annual flying fiesta, with kiters from Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Turkey, the UK and South Africa flying their incredible kites, to promote mental wellness and help prevent depression and suicide.
Tickets are R40 per person (R15 for 12 years and under) and all profits of the event go to help Cape Mental Health provide vital mental health services to adults and children. WIN! Buy your tickets on Quicket and you could win a family weekend away at a Whale Watcher’s apartment (Muizenberg or Fish Hoek) valued at R3,500 OR a family VIP experience at this year’s CTKiteFest. Ts&Cs apply. Details in the WIN tab.
Get social: Follow @CTKiteFest on Instagram and Facebook and hashtag #LetHopeFly and
#CTKiteFest to feature.
What to wear: something warm (it can get breezy), comfy shoes, a hat / sun protection.
Drones: no drones are permitted due to City of Cape Town event regulations.
Dogs: no dogs are permitted for safety reasons. Dog owners watch the kites from the other side of the vlei, where dogs are welcome.
- Make a kite - there are several free kite-making workshops on both days.
- Bring a kite - visitors are welcome to fly single-line kites in the public flying area.
Getting There - Zandvlei Nature Reserve, Muizenberg (corner Axminster and The Row)
Train: easy access - False Bay & Muizenberg stations are around 1 km away
Parking - parking at Muizenberg High School, Windermere Road is R20 per car (all proceeds go to Muizenberg High).
Festival hotline: 082 897 8173
Thanks for flying with us!
- The competition is open to everyone over the age of 18 years except the employees of Whale Watcher’s and Cape Mental Health and their respective advertising, media and PR agencies, as well as the family members, consultants, directors, associates and trading partners of these organisations and persons.
- The competition is open to all visitors to the Cape Town International Kite Festival in Muizenberg who complete an entry form available at the festival and drop it in the entry form boxes.
- By entering the competition all entrants accept and agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions.
- The prizes as advertised are valid up to 31 September 2020.
- The accommodation prizes must be booked in advance for any nights, except for long weekends and for the period between 15 December 2019 and 6 January 2020.
- The prizes are not transferable for cash or alternatives and the winners must be amongst those staying for the weekend prize.
- The winners will be advised telephonically and notified. If any winner does not respond within 72 hours, the prize will be forfeited and another draw will take place.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Under no circumstances will Whale Watcher’s and Cape Mental Health and its agents be liable to anyone who enters this competition for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or cost, however arising, which may be suffered in relation to the competition, whether as a result of any negligent act or omission or any default on the part of the promoter or otherwise.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity, and participation in the competition is conditional upon agreement to participate in such publicity. The winners will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise.
- The promoter reserves the right to terminate, temporarily suspend or amend this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control or technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- The laws of The Republic of South Africa govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts
Win a Family VIP CTKiteFest Experience: Buy your #CTKiteFest tickets on Quicket before 21 October for a chance to win this exclusive family festival experience valued at over R1, 500 (for 2 adults and 2 children). Enjoy a light lunch in the Ashley Ware-Lane Hospitality Marquee, free funfair rides and the opportunity to meet and fly a kite with one of our professional kiters. You’ll also receive 2 kites valued at R150 each and a special gift hamper from our sponsors. Purchase a ticket on Quicket before 21 October for a chance to win.
- One winner will be chosen using Random.org from all the people who have purchased a ticket/s for the 25th Cape Town International Kite Festival on Quicket before 21 October 2019
- The prize (valued at over R1,500) includes a VIP festival experience for 2 adults and 2 children, aged 12 years or under. It includes 2 kites (total value R300); lunch in the Ashley Ware- Lane Hospitality marquee for 4 (value R400); a gift hamper from the festival sponsors; free rides on carnival amusements (up to R600 maximum); opportunity to meet and fly a kite with a professional kiter.
- This prize can be enjoyed on either Saturday 26 October or Sunday 27 October 2019
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable for cash
- The winner will be notified by email on Wednesday 23 October