DisabilitySense: The Financial, Strategic and Transformational advantages of being a Disability Fair workplace
Embracing disability is a strategic mechanism to enhance your BBBEE standing. Yet organisations struggle to find the necessary resources and expertise to achieve this sustainably. Many simply don’t know where to start in adopting universal standards relating to the employment, retention, promotion or performance management of people with disabilities.
Explore the direct financial benefits of being disability-wise, and all the corporate benefits that come with being disability-friendly.
The Joint Diversity Management Group of Companies, incorporating JDM Empowered Placements, invites you to attend a technical one-day workshop designed to re-imagine your companies Transformation Agenda. Properly position your organisation to benefit from a strategy on Disability Inclusion.
- Date: 7 August 2019
- Time: 08:00 – 16:00
- Venue: The Nicol Hotel, Bedfordview
- Investment: R1800
We understand how difficult it is to engage on Disability and harder still to imagine your company embracing both employees and suppliers with Disabilities. Whether you are a decision maker or influencer in your business, when you take the time to understand and engage on strategies about the rands and cents advantages, and your companies’ BBBEE-enhanced prospects, you’ll see the light on why investing in this kind of transformation makes great commercial and social sense.
The workshop will:
- Present an irrefutable business case for disability
- Show the numerous tax benefits around disability
- Explore the lucrative business proposition in a Disability Strategy
- Calculate your return on investment inherent in implementing a disability strategy
- Elaborate on the ease of accumulating BBBEE points for Disability and their compounding effect on your BBBEE Level
- Illustrate the scale of funding available from the Gauteng Government, for spend on Preferential Procurement from Disabled Suppliers and how to create partnerships to access that funding.
Who should attend?
- Business leaders
- HR practitioners & recruiters
- BBBEE Consultants
- Finance practitioner
- Training practitioners and administrators
- Occupational therapists
- Business Association members and representatives
- Bargaining and chartered councils
- Trade union leaders
This workshop was designed to offer the operational mechanisms for capitalising on the business case for disability. Those attending will be provided with:
- Insights into crafting a company’s financial model utilising direct and indirect tax opportunities, combined with ETI and 12H Learnership benefits
- Maximising BBBEE benefits to improve the current BBBEE Level of a company
- Enhance Transformation via the YES Programme, combined with New Enterprise and Supplier Development Incubation.
Speakers and presenters
The workshop will be hosted and presented by:
- Dr Ivor Blumenthal – CEO of ArkKonsult (CEO of the Services SETA 2000-2011)
- Jacqueline Da Mata – Entrepreneur and the founder of the JDM Group, incorporating JDM Empowered Placements
- Tello May – Manager (Product Development), Gauteng Enterprise Propeller
- Wesley Grimm – Tax Specialist and Lawyer
- Zain Bulbulia – Director (Special Programmes GEYODI) Office of Premier Gauteng
Ready to transform your organisation? Book your seat now. Or click here to learn more about the event.
|Refund policy||No refunds|