Power BI: Zero to Dashboard
In this single day workshop, we review the capabilities of the Power BI suite of tools and help you build your first dashboard.
About this Event
Your boss has heard all the buzz about Power BI and wants you to start using it to make the business users happy and reduce the demands on IT staff. In this single day workshop, we review the capabilities of the Power BI suite of tools and help you realize the following objectives by having you follow along with a real world example from start to finish:
1. Understand the Power BI ecosystem and what it can and can't do for you.
2. Understand the importance of Data Cleansing.
3. Understand the importance of Data Modeling.
4. Understand data visualization principles.
5. Create a meaningful dashboard based on the previous objectives.
We also encourage you to bring your own data in a CSV or Excel format, to the workshop. The last 30-60 minutes is dedicated to enabling you to build reports and dashboards with your own data with the support of your instructor.
1. Bring your own laptop
2. Download & install Power BI Desktop from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521662.
3. IE 10 or greater.
4. Signup for Power BI: Go to http://aka.ms/pbidiadtraining and sign up for Power BI. If you cannot sign up for Power BI, let the instructor know.
Breakfast and lunch will be served in addition to tea and coffee.
Angela is a DBA/BI Developer, living in High Point, NC and loves what she does. She's worked with all versions of SQL Server & worn all the hats that come with dealing with SQL Server throughout the years: developer, administrator, data architect and BI developer. She has her MSCE: Business Intelligence and is a Data Platform MVP. She is also the chapter leader for the PASS Triad SQL User Group in Greensboro, NC. In her spare time you can probably find her in or at the pool, she's an avid US Masters Swimmer, Coach and Instructor.
|Refund policy||No refunds|