#LetYouthCreateJobs - Xperience 2030 - IFEA Africa
17 International Festivals & Events Association professionals from the USA are supporting Xperience 2030 #LetYouthCreateJobs at Skills Village - 108 Frere Road, Bez Valley, Johannesburg. Gauteng. South Africa.
Showcasing the role that a new generation of young entrepreneurs in the event value chain can play in creating a Cooperative Shared Value Social Circular 'Experience' Economy using events aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals.
Calling a new generation of young entrepreneurs to maximise the value of events that create jobs and offer a return on investment by leveraging value from events spend.. Turning eventing know-how into a cooperative vehicle for sustainable development solutions - delivering the best experiences, getting the job done right and making a difference in the lives of those empowered in the process ‘Sustainable events for sustainable livelihoods’
Where: Skills Village 2030 at 108 Frere Road , Makers Valley, Bez Valley , Johannesburg (on the eastern edge of the Inner City of Joburg)
When : Tuesday 16 July 2019
08:00 Registration - Coffee, Tea, Snack
08:30 - Sustainable Development Goal Cast your vote for the best "Sustainable Development Goal Table Top" .
Planned, prepared and produced by a new young generation of event decorators and designers.
09:15 Welcome all -Janet Landey CSEP - IFEA International Festivals & Events Association : World Chair 2019
Overview from key stakeholders in the Valley - putting the development of the valley in context,
- Anne Steffny - Johannesburg Inner City Partnership - Makers Valley
- Brian Green - Developer of Victoria Yards - a uniquely integrated urban complex that is as much about social development as it is commercial enterprise.
- Simon Sizwe Mayson - Inspirational 'changemaker' in the Makers Way, Makers Valley. Based at Victoria Yards. An integral driver and community facilitator
- Mariapaola McGurk - The Coloured Cub - visionary of the “Makers Way” project in the Makers Valley
- Anne Graupner - 26'10 South Architects - design and development of a youth driven makerspace tech hub at Skills Village
Introducing IFEA - International Festivals & Events Association
- Steven Wood Schmader CFEE - President & CEO IFEA - International Festivals & Events Association - World
- Keli O'Neill Wenzel CFEE - 2019 Chair of the IFEA Foundation Board & President & CEO O'Neill Events & Marketing - Kansas City - Missouri
- Cindy Lerick CFEE, President The Art of Events, St. Paul, Minnesota. Event planning, event marketing, B2B - B2C Event production, B2C organisational development, strategic planning, sponsorship, volunteer leadership, program development project management
- Jazelle Jones - Deputy Managing Director and Director of Operations. City of Philadelphia Office of Special Events (MDO-OSE) Philadelphia
- Sam Lemheney - Executive Vice-President and Chief of Shows & Events, PHS Philadelphia Flower Show - Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) Philadelphia. Pennsylvania. (attracts roughly 250,000 attendees in 9 days)
- Kevin Grothe - Vice-President of Sponsorships, Memphis in May International Festival - promoting and celebrating Memphis culture, foster economic growth, and enhance international awareness through education.
- Stephen King CFEE - Executive Director, Des Moines Arts Festival, Des Moines, IOWA. Impacting lives through the Arts is the mission of the five times Grand Pinnacle Award-winning Des Moines Arts Festival. The Festival is a three-day celebration of Arts and Culture in IOWA's capital city.
- Gayle Hall CFEE - Director of Festivals & Events - Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau, Grapevine, Texas, USA.
- Cassie Dispenza - Sr Director of Marketing & Partnerships - Saffire, Austin, Texas.
- Ira Rosen MA CFEE - Assistant Professor/Programme DIrector Event Leadership Programme. Temple University School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. PA
- LuAnn Chapman Community Volunteer Programme - Grapevine Texas
- Carol Popejoy-Davis - Executive Director Outdoor Adventures by Boojam, Temecula, California. Root 66 Cruisin' reunion, Christmas on Euclid, Ontario, California.
- Alison English - Executive DIrector, North Carolina Azalea Festival. Wilmington, North.
- Closing morning session with Insights from Councilman Curtis Jones Jnr. representing the 4th District of Philadelphia, Pennysylvania. A champion for education, an ally for criminal justice and a friend of the environment
13:00 LUNCH - Community Market Lunch - The Village Courtyard
13:30 South African Festivals Economic Impact calculator. (SAFEIC) - South African Cultural Observatory.org.za
14:30 DISCUSSION PODS with the IFEA - International Festivals & Events Association professionals - At the Firehouse & Rooftop - 91 Frere Road, Bez Valley, Johannesburg
FIND OUT MORE about the SKILLS VILLAGE model as a proposed Head Office for a new generation of young entrepreneurs to grow a socially inclusive movement for the future that can support a shared value Cooperative Circular Social 'Experience' Economy using events aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals.
16:00 The Birthday Xperience - enjoy tea time in the themed Birthday Xperience where young event coordinators will show their model of working with local community children to plan, prepare and produce their own Birthday Xperience.
Enjoy the sounds of Bheki Khoza & Madodo and their young proteges as they play the day out with a peek into Sophiatown.