Venomous Animal First Responder Seminar , 14th July 2019, Kloofendal Nature Reserve
Date: 14th July 2019
Venue: Kloofendal Nature reserve, Gauteng
Join author, conservationist and professional speaker, Jonathan Leeming for 4 hour seminar on venomous animal bites and stings on the 14th July 2019, from 9am to 1pm, at Kloofendal Nature Reserve, Roodepoort, Gauteng. This seminar is ideal for anyone concerned about venomous bites or stings.
During the seminar, participants will gain an understanding of the 4 principles for living and working in areas inhabited by venomous animals, and preventing the occurrence of bites or stings. This seminar will also provide the emergency response required to react competently to bites or stings from snakes, spiders, scorpions, bees & wasps, centipedes, aquatic vertebrates and aquatic invertebrates. Essential knowledge for everyone who may encounter a venomous animal.
In this seminar, Jonathan will cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first responder.
- 4 Principles of living or working where venomous animals occur.
- Zone risk assessment.
- Introduction to venomous animals.
- Snake bite and responding to an emergency.
- Spider bites and responding to an emergency.
- Scorpion stings and responding to an emergency.
- Bee & wasp stings and responding to an emergency.
- Centipede bites and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic vertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Aquatic invertebrate envenomation and responding to an emergency.
- Emergency Response Plan.
The First Responder to is essential for:
- Field guides and lodge staff.
- Wildlife estate residents.
- Scuba divers.
- Outdoor enthusiasts.
- Anyone concerned about venomous animals.
- Venomous animal awareness posters.
- Emergency protocols.
- Emergency response plan template.
For more information visit http://www.scorpions.co.za/pages/first-responder/
Jonathan Leeming is author of 9 books (Scorpions of southern Africa, Scorpions of Sabi Sands, Spider & Scorpion Risk Assessment, Venomous Animal General Awareness, Risk Assessment & First Aid, Antivenom Management, General Awareness, First Aid Guide To Spider Bites & Scorpion Stings).
He consults for the Poison Information Helpline, various organisations and speaks at medical conferences on the subject of envenomation, first aid, and health and safety policy and procedures. Well-known professional speaker and conservationist, Jonathan brings unique and forward thinking insight into the subject of venomous animals and their bites and stings.