Platbos Reforest Friends Fest
Greenpop Reforest Friends Fest
Camp in Africa’s southernmost indigenous forest, help plant thousands of trees to reforest the surrounding area, dance to live music and become a part of growing Platbos Forest Reserve back to its original abundance.
10 Reasons to Join the Reforest Fest:
1. You can check 'dance in the forest' off of your bucket list
2. Our bands are awesome
3. You'll be getting your hands dirty for a good cause
4. The forest is ancient and the Southernmost in Africa
5. It's fully catered
6. You can pitch your tent (or rent one from us)
7. It's an easy 2 hour drive from Cape Town
8. There will be great activities (think yoga, slack lining, forest walks)
9. You'll meet amazing people
10. You'll help plant 1000s of trees (in 2014 we planted 7000 in one day!)
All tickets include:
- 6 delicious meals (Friday dinner to Sunday lunch)
- A place to pitch your tent
- Tree planting
- Fun activities
- Live music
- Yoga classes
- Forest walks
- And so much more!
If camping is not for you, you are welcome to book into one of the beautiful guest houses in the area and join us each morning.
PS. If you have kiddies in tow, maybe you'd prefer to join us for the Family Fest.
Live performances by Rhiaan & Nhoza, Jews for Techno, Dear Mrs. Panda, Sean Koch, Betsy Beers, Ryan Kidwell, The Royal Commoners, Sons of Settlers, Secret Sunrise (by No Danger Diaries), The Howlers and Psychedelic Theatre.
- Talk by Greenpeace
- Talk 'Veganism and impact of your life style' (by Roy Gouveia)
- Talk 'African Platbos Tree essences' (by Melissa Krige)
- Talk 'Food security' (by Anna Sheval)
- Forest walk (by Francois Krige)
- Hula hoop and poi workshop (by Psychedelic Theatre)
- Laughing yoga (by Kimon)
- Acro yoga (by Marissa Dana)
- Early morning yoga (by Lizet Verwoerd)
- Forest yoga (by Lara Roux)
- Workshop 'Make a water bottle carrier from an old T-Shirt' (by Chic Mamas)
- Workshop 'Art in Nature' (by Janet Ronson)
- Surprise activity (by No Danger Diaries)