The Citizen Trail Run @ Sun City 2019
How to enter:
Online at citizen.co.za by 8 September 2019. ONLINE TICKET SALES HAVE CLOSED HOWEVER ENTRIES CAN BE MADE ON THE DAY ?
2) E-mail completed entry form as well as proof of payment to [email protected] by 8 September 2019.
3) Thursday 12 September at Woodmead Retail Park – Food Court from 09:00 – 16:00.
4) Friday 13 September at Sun City - Valley of Waves (VOW) from 12:00 - 17:00.
5) On race day (Saturday 14 September) at VOW from 05:30 - 7:00. All late entries (after 8 Sep) will not receive a goodie-bag and will be charged an additional R10 (6 km) or R20 (10 and 21 km).
Race day entries for 6 km will not be timed.
21 km - 07:00
10 km - 07:15
6 km - 07:30
Participants must display their race number on the front of their T-shirt.
The 6 km will be around the Lost City inside the secure fencing with one self-help water point. Participants will start at VOW, exit at the service gate and head towards The Sun Vacation Club, turning onto the dirt road, past the Lost City Golf Course, back to Vacation Club, down into The Palace gardens and back to VOW. There will be a chicken route for wheelchairs and disabled people (easy wheels route).
The 10 and 21 km will be inside the secure fencing of Sun City, incorporating the Lost City and The Palace gardens, with spectacular views of both the Gary Player and Lost City Golf Courses from the adjacent mountain and loop into Letaseng Game Reserve, affording participants the possibility to catch a glimpse of some game. The 10 km will have three water points. The 21 km will have five water points, offering water, cold drinks and something to eat.
Race day information:
Participants arriving before 07:00 on 14 September will gain free entry and secure parking to Sun City. Buses will transport everybody to VOW. Participants will gain free entry to VOW and non-participants will be allowed in at a special rate after 10:00. There will be shower and swimming facilities for all participants as well as a secure tog bag area.
Please take note:
- Food and drinks will be on sale at VOW
- Own food and drinks will not be allowed inside VOW
- Only swimming in proper attire will be allowed
Prize-giving will be on the stage at VOW from 11:00. If a winner is not at the prize-giving he/she will forfeit their prize.
Prize money will only be paid upon presentation of an ID document or driver’s licence to prove age.
For more details visit citizen.co.za
Discovery Vitality members participating will earn up to 300 fitness points for completing the 6 km, up to 600 points for completing the 10 km and up to 1 500 points for completing the 21 km. Points will be automatically awarded and will take up to four days to reflect on the Vitality Points Monitor.