Greyton Trail & Yoga Weekend
*Ticket update 19 June: Only 1 double ticket left.
Do you enjoy getting into the mountains and hitting the trails? Or some yoga? Or do you just want to escape from the city and enjoy a break? If so, we’ve got something special for you!
Following on from our sold-out event in March, we invite you to join us at The Greyton Trail & Yoga Weekend - Winter Edition. The weekend comprises 3 trail runs (short and long options for each) and 4 yoga sessions, and a great line-up of other optional activities, including; talks on running and nutrition, superfood cooking demos, and an opportunity to explore other activities in and around Greyton - all at a price that won’t break the bank. Think epic trails, followed by yoga, hot chocolate by the fireside and warm, hearty food!
In additional to the activities, participants will also receive a generous goodie bags, and stand a chance to win great spot prizes!
Date: 19 – 21 July 2019
Venue: Greyton Eco Lodge, Park Street, Greyton, Western Cape (Google maps: https://tinyurl.com/yd5hoedb)
- Double Room: R4,600 for the room (R2,300 per person)
Own accommodation (food & activities only): R1,500 per person Sold out
4 sleeper room: R2,000 per person Sold out
6 sleeper room: R1,800 per person Sold out
Camping (bring own tent): R1,600 per person Sold out
R50 from each ticket will go to the Greyton Farm Animal Sanctuary.
The Greyton EcoLodge (ecolodgegreyton.co.za) is a rustic getaway situated on the edge of a nature reserve in the foothills of the picturesque Riviersonderend Mountains. It provides basic accommodation in twin and double rooms, dorm rooms, and offers camping. Bathrooms are shared. It’s the perfect place from which to explore the mountains and escape the rat race of the city.
It would hardly be a relaxing weekend if you had to worry about food! All meals and snacks are included. The menu, prepared by cookbook author Leozette Roode, will be full of healthy and nutritious, but decadent, options that will leave no-one feeling hungry! The focus will be on tasty, healthy, sustainable food options, and all food will be plant-based.
Program (subject to change)
Please note that ALL activities are entirely optional!
FRIDAY, 19 July 2019
16h00: Registration open + welcome snacks
17h00: 4.5km Trail Run
19h30: Dinner & Welcome
22h00: Lights out
SATURDAY 30 MARCH 2019
7h00: Breakfast (until 11h00)
7h45: Long Trial Run - 14km
7h50: Short Trail Run - 5km
10h45: Open time; talks, cooking demos, other activities
14h30: Open time; talks, cooking demos, other activities
21h00: Motivational talk
21h30: Hot chocolate by the fire
22h30: Lights out
SUNDAY 31 MARCH 2019
7h00: Breakfast (until 9h00)
7h45: Long Trial Run - 11.6km
7h50: Short Trail Run - 8km
10h45: Open time (shower, relax)
12h45: Open time
15h00: Event ends, last guests leave
OPEN TIME ACTIVITIES:
Talks on topics related to running or wellness
Healthy Cooking Demos
Farmers Market (Saturday 10-12)
Farm Animal Sanctuary Visit
Donkey Sanctuary Visit
Massage (pay separately)
Wine Tasting (pay separately)
Mountain Biking (own bikes, or rent)
- Friday: Snacks, Dinner
- Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks
- Sunday: Light Breakfast, Brunch, Snacks
About Off The Couch Co.:
We think the world needs more adventures that everyday people can afford, so we decided to create our own. We're into getting outdoors, exploring, meeting new people, experimenting with good food, trail running, yoga, and so much more!
Other important info:.
- The accommodation at the lodge is quite basic - this is not a 5-star luxury retreat ;)
- Bedding in private rooms and dorm rooms is provided. It is basic bedding, and you are welcome to bring your own if you would prefer. The camping options requires you to provide your own tent, mattress and bedding.
- There are no en-suite bathrooms (men and women do have separate facilities).
- The EcoLodge focuses on sustainability so we encourage consciousness regarding recycling, water conservation, no littering during runs, etc.
- In order to ensure the weekend is as relaxing as possible for everyone we are limiting the it to over 16s only. Under 18’s allowed only with parent or legal guardian.
- A variety of non-alcoholic drinks will be provided. You are welcome to bring your own alcohol, but as this is a wellness weekend, please limit this to a couple of drinks per day at the most.
-Tickets are transferable; please let us know if you are giving your ticket to someone else
Cancellation before midnight on 1 July: 75% refund
Cancellation after midnight on 1 July, before midnight on 12 July: 50%
Cancellation after midnight on 12 July: No refund