Think Camp - MakeCraft | Engineering and Redstone Construction with Minecraft | Grade 2 to Grade 5 | Monday, 18 March
Learn to design, plan and construct detailed creations in the world of Minecraft. Explore 3D modeling, redstone circuitry and exciting mechanical contraptions while learning important design principals.
About Think Camp
Think Camp teaches key 21st century skills in fun and energising full day camps during school holiday periods. On Think Camp, computer work is interspersed with frequent snack breaks (two per day), outdoor games (weather permitting) and exciting competitions. Powerful thinking skills such as Design and Lean Thinking are taught throughout, using carefully designed activities that compliment computer work and give participants the tools needed to master the world of tomorrow.
- If you would like to book one child on more than one camp OR two or more children on different camps, please email us and we can organise a multicamp discount of R70 off each camp.
- All bookings are done via Quicket.
- Think Camp uses Minecraft Education Edition. As this edition is only available for schools, it is not compatible with home editions of Minecraft. Regrettably therefore, no worlds worked on at Think Camp may be taken home.
- If tickets are sold out, please contact us to be put on the waitlist for the event.
- Contact us on 011 568 7712 or [email protected] if you have any further questions.
- Participants must be able to work independently and read at their academic grade level of grade 2, 3, 4, or 5.
- MakeCraft is a great introductory camp for those new to Think Camp and Minecraft. However, we are also prepared for and challenge the experienced Minecrafters!
- For students in Grade 5 who have a lot of Minecraft experience we recommend that they rather start their Think Camp journey with a PlayCraft or CodeCraft Camp.
- Children benefit more from this camp if they have had general computer experience working with a mouse and keyboard.
Monday, 18 March 2019
Parktown High School for Girls (Click here for directions)
Drop off: Anytime between 7:30am and 8:00am. No participants may be left unattended before 7:30am.
Pick up: The final discussion for the day along with certificate hand-out takes place between 3:00pm and 3:10pm - we encourage all parents to be present for this, if possible. After certificate handout, parents are invited to come and see the incredible work done throughout the day. All participants need to be collected by 3:30pm
Busy minds get hungry! We ask participants to bring along their favourite brain food for our two breaks.
Please DO NOT bring:
All our venues have superb tech facilities and participants will be working on Windows PCs, so there is no need to bring any additional high-tech devices.
Cancellations requested within the 14 days prior to the camp are subject to the resale of ticket/s. If resale is possible, tickets will not be refunded, rather a transfer credit will be issued for a later camp.
Please email [email protected] for any cancellation related inquiries.