Mail & Guardian HR TALK: Mental Wellness & Happiness @Workplace
Why should you bother with the mental wellness of your employees in your workplace? Well firstly, morally, it is the right thing to do. Equally important, their healthy mental wellbeing leads to happiness, which has a direct effect on their engagement, positivity and productivity level in the workplace.
Richard Branson once said “Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients”.
There is no doubt that any business will prefer employees who are highly engaged, energised, motivated and productive, to those who lack focus, unhappy or absent from work too often.
In this regard, mental wellness and happiness in the workplace, in addition to physical wellness, do matter and should be included in any HR initiatives.
If you are serious about improving your business' long term performance and bottom line, attend this HR Talk. Find out what initiatives you can include and implement in your workplace to ensure your employee’s mental wellness is taken care of. Not only you will have happy employees, you will also be employer of choice!
Contact TJ on [email protected] or 11 250 7300 for more information and to book seats for your team.
- What is the approach for the science of happiness?
- What are the factors that contribute to happiness in the workplace?
- How to address the issues within the organisation in order to shift the corporate culture?
- What are the warning signs of an unhappy employee and what to do about it?
- How do you ignite passion and happiness in all employees?
- How do you support and build a mentally healthy workplace?
- Importance of celebration, laughter, movement and cohesive team work in promoting a cheerfulness, leading to efficiency and productivity?
- Measuring the impact and ROI of happiness and emotional wellness in the workplace
- Success stories
In a world full of physical wellness campaigns in the HR space, there are no wellness campaigns that challenge, target and discuss the rather uncomfortable subject of MENTAL wellness.
As a HR practitioner, you will know that physical wellness campaigns (which have been around for some 20 years) offered to new employees as an added bonus, hold great value. However:
- How have they impacted and benefitted employees over that period?
- Are you able to measure the declination of depression amongst your employees?
- Are you able to measure the happiness levels, productivity levels and growth in each individual?
- How do you craft a unique mental wellness campaign that focuses on skills and methods that can be used to boost morale, create a happier, more effective workforce through interaction, fun and laughter?
Liane has a degree in Psychology and has facilitated numerous HR workshops in the medical, agricultural and banking fields (amongst others). She has been invited to be a guest speaker at the SAFMA Conference in 2017.
- Heads of departments in organisations from across sectors
If you are in charge of:
- human resources
- human capital
- employee engagement
- employee wellness
- mental health & substance abuse
- learning & development
- career management and development
- occupational, health & safety
- organisational diagnostics
- organisational development
If you are a business owner
8.30 am – 9.30 am Mental wellness & happiness @workplace
9.30 am – 9.45 am Q&As
- Enjoy the morning, networking and sharing with your peers
- Find out how happiness at work will positively influence the effectivenss and resilience of your workforce
- Find ways to make your employees happier and more productive
- Find ways to reduce employees absenteeism and improve staff retention rate
- Ultimately improve employee engagement which leads to your oganisational success