Unleashing The Exponential Power of Women Entrepreneurs Conference!
We are proud to invite you to join us at ''Unleashing The Exponential Power of Women Entrepreneurs Conference''! that will take place on the 7th of September 2019 at Gallagher Estate, Midrand in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Conference is organized by THOMI AFRICA - a non for profit organization with head quarters in South Africa.
??The official language of the conference in English.
The Conference is a full-day program, which consists of three components: business session “women’s leadership and empowerment of disadvantaged groups”,start-ups, entrepreneurs, presentations of submitted papers and open discussions. It is open to those interested in starting businesses, gaining leadership skills and new knowledge as well as those who want to share their own achievements.
This highly exciting and challenging Conference is intended to be a forum, discussion and networking place for academics, researchers, professionals, administrators, educational leaders, policy makers, industry representatives, advanced students, and others.
More specifically, it targets:
- Government officials and policy makers: Learn about the best practices, learn more about the new approaches related women's issues and social equality, network with other policy makers and NGOs working in the related fields.
- NGOs: Network with other international NGOs, possible donors and colleagues from around the world and share your achievements and strategies with others.
- Graduate students: Meet your colleagues from around the world, make new friends, and improve your knowledge and communication skills.
- Company representatives: Chance to improve your leadership skills, learn more about the new approaches related to the topics, meet your colleagues, exchange ideas and establish new connections and partnerships.
- Scholars: Learn some new approaches, hear about others’ experiences and pass on your knowledge and experience on to the others.
- Others: Interested in making some positive changes around them and gaining new knowledge, skills and friends and becoming more useful to their own communities.
The Conference seek to achieve the following objectives:
- Build partnerships among governments, private sector, civil society and international organisations, to empower women and girls and to accelerate the elimination of gender gaps.
- Share experiences, lessons learned and innovative approaches to overcome gender inequalities in all sectors and society spheres.
- Building the collective and common understanding for driving change towards the achievement of gender equality.
- Ways to overcome barriers to sustainable business, financial literacy, lack of funding, disrupting old business models etc
The attendees will receive mentoring, executive training, individual coaching and networking to help equip them on the journey to executive leadership in Africa or in their own businesses.
This conference is open to women that are serious about taking their career or business to the next level. Emerging leaders will have the opportunity to network with mentors and business leaders that are committed to helping enable women to succeed in leadership. The tenured professional will also have the opportunity to refresh and explore new possibilities.
Be ready for authentic conversations about how to succeed in the face of a myriad of perceived obstacles!
This event will change your life and you will be so ready to make 2019 your best year ever.
Making Every Women Count- Closing the Gender Gap!
Registration & Networking
Opening Session Keynote: “Understanding Entrepreneurship”
-Speed Mentoring: “Opening Doors”
-Speakers will have 20 minute rotations to speak to a “ group” of women.
-Pitching of business ideas
-Small Business Forum discussion
-The Accountant’s Handbook- Business tips
-Discussing the Journey and Glass Ceilings”
-Sources of Funding for Women Founders
-Taking the Leap to Grow Big
-Building Your Personal Board of Advisors
-Where Am I and Where Do I Want to Go?
-Women, Education, and Work
Closing Ceremony & Exhale Networking
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call Cindy on +27619478192 or Email; [email protected]
What's the refund policy?
No Refunds, if you have opted for the paid ticket
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can use App or print ticket to validate at registration
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
How can I register to be one of the speakers?
Yes please, send us an email at; [email protected]
*Call for Speakers is now open!
Pitching of Ideas
What are we looking for? We are looking for business pitches, startup ideas, community projects, open-source projects or pretty much anything else you would think is useful for the community to know! You will have 7 minutes to do your demo, with 2 minutes of Q&A after.
How Do I apply to exhibit at the conference?
Complete the Preliminary application form and email it to; [email protected]
Do I pay travel expenses?
Yes, you do pay for your travel and accommodation expenses. Speaking at our event is a great visibility for you and your company.