The trust revolution - An introduction to cryptocurrencies & blockchains
Join CoinEd, a leading education provider in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry, and Crawford International School in Kenya, on this introductory course to cryptocurrencies & blockchain technology. To many, cryptocurrencies are simply a volatile investment, but few realise that cryptocurrencies are actually a stepping stone in the evolution of money. CoinEd provides quality education that looks beyond simply the price of Bitcoin, but rather focuses on the value of the cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology to society.
This course will include theoretical concepts as well as interactive activities.
We will cover various topics, such as
- the history of money and why Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are a stepping stone to a fundamentally different financial system
- the various cryptocurrencies and how they differ from Bitcoin
- the process of mining
- building a mining rig (interactive activity)
- how to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, storing and spending of cryptocurrencies on online stores (interactive activities)
- cryptocurrency adoption around the world
- how to identify scams
- legality and geopolitics around the world
We will also be covering blockchains by discussing
- industry use-cases
- through a paper exercise, depict the principal of a blockchain (interactive activity)
- the processing of transactions on a blockchain
There will be opportunities to discuss topics of your choice, in addition to the above.
Date: Saturday 9th February 2019
Time: 09:00 - 13:00
Venue: Crawford International School, off Ngenda Rd, Tatu City, Nairobi. Google maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/NyzZQ
About CoinEd & Crawford International School:
CoinEd is a leading education provider in the blockchain ecosystem and is one of the first companies in the world to offer blockchain education at a school curriculum level. This program is launching with Crawford International School in Kenya on 4 February 2019, and is an African first. Alongside introductory courses, CoinEd also offers blockchain development courses with the keen focus on inspiring entrepreneurial talent that is supported by our very own business incubator, Blockstarters.
Crawford International School is a leading private school in Nairobi, and has a background in education dating back to 1993. Crawford International School places a heavy emphasis on introducing children to concepts beyond just the traditional subjects of school, and as a result, produces young adults with incredible global prospects.
CoinEd reserves the right to cancel the event in the case of insufficient registrants.
No refunds are granted in the case of late or non attendance.