The BlissFest Yoga Festival, 21 - 24 December, offers you a variety of different yoga styles and is suitable for all ages.
We gather in nature to celebrate the Summer Solstice in one of the most beautiful parts of the world - Plettenberg Bay.
Find your yoga practice or try something new.
Meditate, move, dance and chant with us!
Reconnect to nature and to the Divine.
Come with your friends or make new friends, and be part of this beautiful and lovely energy.
Start your day with the Aquarian Age Sadhana and end your day in Shavasana.
Create your own experience.
Come and join us!
- Your Event Ticket
- Layered clothing appropriate for yoga practice, karma yoga, and playing is necessary for this climate's hot days and cool evenings.
- Hooded windbreaker
- Rain gear
- Headcover for the Sadhana ( Beane, Scarf or Turban)
- Sheepskin/ wool mat or yoga mat
- Warm blanket or shawl, and/or coat for morning Sadhana
- Sunscreen, lip balm, lotion and towels
- Daypack to hold the things you will want to have with you over the course of each day. Please remember to keep valuables with you at all times, BlissFest is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Eating utensils, cutlery, bowl, plate, cup (for hot and cold beverages), and cloth napkins
- Water bottle
- First Aid supplies (band-aids, tweezers, asprin / ibuprofen / acetaminophen, etc.)
- Almond Oil (to lubricate dry nostrils and skin)
- Feminine product supplies
What NOT to Bring
To help maintain the health and long life of the Earth, we are conscious of preserving the ecological balance on-site. Please keep this in mind as you select items to bring with you.
- Please do not bring any aerosol sprays
- Use items that have only a minimum of disposable packaging
- If you must buy something for the event from the shops, please unpack the item and leave the packaging at home. People make an enormous amount of waste, we all need to help to reduce our impact.
- Do not bring disposable plates and cups
What NOT to Leave at BlissFest
- Nothing should be left, we are working towards becoming a low impact site so please take with you whatever you bring!
- We're working on keeping the planet green. Thank you for respecting this request.
- This is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and smoke-free event.
- While we share in the love for our animal friends, please do not bring your pets. We cannot accommodate them on site.
- Please leave your environment cleaner than when you arrived. We ask that you “pack it in and pack it out” (if you brought it in, please take it with you when you leave). However, compost, recycle and landfill containers are provided to serve you.
- Please turn off cell phones and all other personal electronics before participating in Morning Sadhana and Workshops.
- BlissFest is a vegetarian event and non-vegetarian foods are not permitted including chicken and fish.
- Photography and filming are not permitted during Workshops. Flash photography is not permitted during Morning Sadhana.
- Criminal activity will not be tolerated. If you are suspected of criminal activity you will be investigated by BlissFest staff and local law enforcement. If you are found guilty of criminal activity you may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and restricted from attending future BlissFest events.
- No firearms or weapons are allowed on the premises, including Conceal Carry of handguns. Kirpans are allowed.
- What we wear reflects our Spirit. Please wear clothes that reflect your grace and radiance. Clothing should include undergarments. Transparent clothing is not appropriate.
BlissFest is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please secure valuables in your vehicle or keep them on your person in a small back pack during the day. We will do our utmost to help you recover lost or stolen property, but you are solely responsible for your own possesions, please keep this in mind when you are packing for the event.
We understand that computers and cell phones are part of the Aquarian Age. During the event we ask that you consider the sacred atmosphere we are creating at BlissFest so please choose to be discreet about usage.
Phones: If you must use a cell phone, please use discretion. We require that you please turn off your phones during workshops, classes and meditations.
Internet: We do not provide internet connection.
Please leave your environment cleaner than when you arrived. We ask that you “pack it in and pack it out” (if you brought it in, please take it with you when you leave). However, compost, recycle, and landfill containers are provided to serve you. BlissFest takes place on the sacred land.
Filming and Photography
We encourage you to record your experiences at BlissFest through filming and photography. We are happy for you to share your reflections of BlissFest, and we consider this to be a valuable way of communicating the joy and vibrancy of the Global Community of Living Yoga. Please be sensitive to the privacy of others, use your intuition to decide hether you are being intrusive or not. We also need your consent to share the words and images that our Photography Team records during the event. Please review the guidelines for
Filming and Photography so that issues of privacy and copyright are well understood.
With your purchasing a BlissFest ticket you agree to the following conditions:
"I allow BlissFest to include my recorded or transcribed personal testimonial, or excerpts from it, as well as photographs and/or videos of me and/or my children (the “Testimonial(s)”) in BlissFest’s promotional materials (the “Material(s)”). I agree that BlissFest may tape and photograph me and/or my children and record my voice and conversation during and in connection with the Testimonial (the “Recording”). I also understand that there is no payment due to me in connection with my Testimonial or Recording. I agree that BlissFest shall be the author and the exclusive owner of all copyrighted and other rights in and to such Testimonial and Recording. I confirm that, to the
best of my knowledge, any statements made by me in the Testimonial and Recording will be true and will not violate or infringe upon any third party’s rights."
Leaving the Site
To maintain your meditative experience, please avoid going off-site during the day. If you go off-site, you must bring your BlissFest ticket which you will need to show to the Parking and/or Security Team when coming and going. Participants under the age of 16 cannot leave unless chaperoned by their parent or legal guardian.
Note: This policy has been created for your safety and so that the BlissFest team can be aware of who is on-site or off-site in the case of an emergency.
We have basic first-aid facilities at the BlissFest even-site. An emergency hospital is approximately 10 minutes away in Plett or 30 minutes in Knysna. If you are on medication please make sure you bring an adequate supply with you, and continue with your medication use as prescribed by your doctor. Medical doctors, and other health professionals are available on site to provide first aid for acute medical conditions. Please be certain to bring your proof of proper Medical Insurance or money in case of major medical
emergency. If you have any specific concerns regarding how this activity may affect your health, please consult your physician before your program begins.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please Note: Yoga and especially Kundalini Yoga is a powerful ancient tradition, but should not be used as a substitute for regular or necessary medical care or prescribed medications.
One of our top priorities is providing the opportunity for everyone to experience group Sadhana every morning in the Amrit Vela (the ambrosial hours between 3–7 am) so late night activities are limited. All music and evening activities, end by 9:00pm, and the event-sites will be closed at 10:00pm.
To get the most out of it, it is highly recommended to rest well and avoid anything like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and/or non vegan/vegetarian food after a BlissFest day.
With purchasing a BlissFest ticket you agree to all the conditions above.