Bitcoin and Blockchain Bootcamp
Join us for our first Bitcoin and Blockchain bootcamp in Durban in partnership with SA Crypto!
About the Bootcamp:
The bootcamp is for individuals who are new to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology and would like to understand the basics of bitcoin and it's underlying technology, the blockchain. Cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin have become increasingly popular in South Africa with the word “bitcoin” in South Africa, being the most searched for term globally, on Google in early 2018.
The growing interest surrounding the opportunities that cryptocurrencies, such as bitcoin, offers, is evident through the enquiries received by the Blockchain Academy.
What is going to be covered?
Bitcoin and Blockchain Introduction
- The history of bitcoin: why was it created and what problem does it solve?
- How does bitcoin and blockchain technology work?
- What is bitcoin mining and how are transactions stored on a blockchain?
- What are the differences between permissioned and permissionless blockchains?
- What are some of the different types of blockchains?
- What are some examples of organisations using this technology?
- Why is this technology and cryptocurrency so innovative and revolutionary?w Do I Use Bitcoin?
How Do I Use Bitcoin?
- What are the different ways I can get bitcoin?
- How do I buy and sell bitcoin?
- How does an order book work?
- What are the fees associated with buying and selling bitcoin?
- How do I send and receive bitcoin?
- What are the different types of cryptocurrency wallets and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- How do I ensure my bitcoin is stored safely?
- What is two factor authentication and why is it important?
- Which merchants in South Africa and globally accept bitcoin?
- What are the best cryptocurrency exchanges in South Africa and why?
- What are some of the best cryptocurrency exchanges globally and why?
- How do cryptocurrency exchanges work?
- What do I need to know when using a cryptocurrency exchange?
Bitcoin Regulation and Tax
- What should I know about tax (income and capital gain/loss) when trading cryptocurrencies?
- What is the South African Reserve Banks stance on cryptocurrencies?
- What are other regulators saying about cryptocurrency regulation?
Bitcoin Scalability, Risks and Limitations
- What are some of the issues bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies have, in terms of scaling the technology?
- What are the average transactions volumes for Bitcoin and Ethereum compared to private blockchain technologies?
- Why are these differences important?
- What are some of the proposals to solve these scaling problems?
- Are cryptocurrency payments efficient in their current form?
- Is centralisation a problem with cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology?
Blockchain Technology and Cryptocurrency Use Cases and Opportunities
- What are some of the most interesting use-cases for blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies?
- Which organisations are researching and developing services and products with this technology?
- What is the future of this technology and is it heading towards a decentralised future?
And we’ll help you get started by giving you your first “bit” of bitcoin!
The presenter will send some bitcoin to someone in the class to demonstrate the process.
Each attendee will be sent R50 worth of FREE bitcoin after the bootcamp.
Refreshments and a light lunch will be served.
Terms and conditions:
No refunds or postponements are given to attendees who do not attend the course.
The Blockchain Academy will not be held liable for any damage to property, or for lost or stolen items.
The Blockchain Academy reserves the right to cancel classes at any time prior to their commencement. If a class is cancelled, attendees will be advised by sms and email no later than two days prior to its scheduled commencement date and a full refund given back to you.
If you wish to cancel the training, you must provide us with written notification.
NO REFUNDS or transfers will be granted less than 10 days before class commencement if enrolment has been confirmed.
We accept bitcoin! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make payment for this course in bitcoin.
|Refund policy||No refunds|