A year's supply of fine wine & books - buy your tickets for a chance to win!
Support early childhood literacy and stand a chance to win fine wine and great books for a year!
If the words “lean, restrained, acidy and alive, with puckery tannins and a velvety mouthfeel” speak to you, chances are you are a connoisseur of fine wine. And if your passion for the finer things in life extends to the love of reading, we have a competition just for you.
Buy a R250 entry ticket and stand to win a year's worth of fine wine and excellent books!. That is 12 cases of wine and 12 books, enough to keep any wine and book aficionado busy for quite some time.
September is literacy month, yet tragically more than half of Grade 4 children in the Western Cape cannot read. The Reach Trust has called upon twelve local winemakers to support us in our drive to make literacy accessible to all disadvantaged children in South Africa. The Reach Trust develops free-to-use mobile apps targeted at parents, teachers and other primary caregivers. The apps empower adults with tips and activities to stimulate their children in order to lay quality foundations in literacy and mathematics.
We have sourced 12 cases of wine from top class winemakers. Each winemaker has also identified a book that has special meaning to them: something they have read as an adult, a favourite of their children, or even something that they remember from their own childhood. We have purchased a new copy of the book and they will hand-sign it with a short note. Something for you to enjoy when you savour a glass of one of their fine wines.
The more tickets you purchase, the greater your chance of winning!
If you buy 4 tickets you are automatically added to a bonus draw - a special 13th case of wine and six books selected by the Reach staff.
The amazing list of wines is Bartinney, Beaumont, Beyerskloof, de Morgenzon, Hogan, Joostenberg, Kanonkop, Miles Mossop, Mulderbosch, Newton-Johnson, Raats and Thelema.
1st Prize: 12 months x 6 bottles wine + 12 books
Bonus Prize: The Reach Trust ‘Dream Case’: 6 bottles of wine + 6 favourite books recommended by Reach staff and Board of Trustees
Enter as many times as you wish! The competition closes at 23h59 on the 30th October 2018 and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 7th of November 2018.
Drink responsibly. Tickets not for sale to persons under the age of 18.
About The Reach Trust:
Established in 2012, The Reach Trust (Reach) has helped millions of South Africans gain access to life changing content via mobile phones. Reach has worked with Governments and multiple UN organisations. Originally established as The Mxit Reach Trust, where all programmes were offered via the Mxit Social Network, the closure of Mxit has resulted in a shift in technology strategy, with a greater emphasis on smartphones. Much of the infrastructure and intellectual capital has however been retained. Reach now focuses on two areas: (1) Up-skilling of out-of-school youth to improve employability, and (2) Early Childhood Development (ECD). All beneficiaries are from previously disadvantaged communities.
For more information, please contact:
Nicci Cloete Annette
or Andrew Rudge
For more information on The Reach Trust:
Raffle Terms and Conditions
- This Raffle is organised and managed by The Reach Trust – email: [email protected]
- The purpose of this Raffle is to raise funds to assist The Reach Trust’s early literacy programmes
- Only authorised members of The Reach Trust may sell Raffle tickets.
- A ticket costs R250 (Two Hundred and Fifty Rand). One ticket equals one entry into the Draw. There is no discount for multiple ticket purchases, however purchases of four tickets will automatically allow the entrant one entry in the bonus draw.
- Payment may be made in CASH (in person) or via Quicket.co.za. Ticket purchases are not refundable.
- Entries will be submitted into the Draw only when full payment is received. Only entries submitted to The Reach Trust will be eligible for the Draw.
- Entries for the Draw close at midnight on 30 October 2018. Any entries received by The Reach Trust after this date will be considered donations.
- The Draw will take place on 7 November 2018 at The Reach Trust offices in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- The Reach Trust accepts no responsibility for entries which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the winner cannot be identified.
- The Reach Trust accepts no responsibility for any technical failure or occurrence which causes the Draw to be disrupted or cancelled.
- The first entry drawn will win the Grand Prize. The second entry drawn (from eligible tickets) will win the Bonus Prize
- Winners will be notified telephonically and/or by email no later than five working days after the Draw date.
- Winners must present proof of identification to receive their prize.
- Winners are required to collect their prizes.
- The results of the Draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Reach Trust General Fundraising Terms and Conditions
1) The Reach Trust is a registered PBO and raises funds to assist in work to improve early childhood outcomes.
2) No person, company or group may fundraise for or on behalf of The Reach Trust without prior consultation and express written permission from the Reach Board of Trustees. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in legal action.
3) Monies raised from fundraising activities, including but not limited to the Fine Wine & Fine Books Raffle, are not refundable or transferable.
4) The Reach Trust is not liable for any negligence and/or financial irregularity by any teams or persons raising funds on behalf of The Reach Trust.
You agree to access and use the Quicket.co.za site entirely at your own risk.
The Reach Trust shall not be held responsible for any loss, expense or damage suffered of any kind whatsoever as a result of you accessing any information on this website which may be incorrect.
Your privacy and data security is extremely important to us and will not be shared with a third party. Your email address will only be used to contact you in the event of winning and to provide an update on The Reach Trust’s early childhood programmes that will be implemented with the proceeds of the fundraising initiative.
We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that personal information collected via this competition is safely stored and secured.
|Refund policy||No refunds|