Greenpop Reforest Fest Family Weekend 2019
Welcome to the forest.
Each March, we bring people together to (re)connect with nature, plant over 5000 trees and party under the stars…
Arrive Friday evening, pitch your tent and relax into a chilled night of gentle tunes under the ancient indigenous forest canopy. Enjoy delicious food and start bonding with awesome new friends around the campfire. Awake early on Saturday for an action-packed day of planting 5000 trees; you will help to restore an ecosystem that is one of the rarest and most endangered in the Western Cape. After planting thousands of trees in your teams, return to camp for a good shower and a forest party – complete with amazing live bands – to celebrate your achievement. Sunday is a day to relax your body and stimulate your mind with fun, educational activities and workshops including guided forest walks, yoga, hula hooping and guest talks on sustainability topics.
The Platbos Forest Reserve is located only 2.5 hours from Cape Town and food from amazing food trucks, tents (to rent) and ablution facilities are all available on site. So, why not unplug join us for a weekend of fun in the forest?
- A place to pitch your tent (please note: You'll be camping in a forest and the terrain is rougher than your average campsite, but we will try our best to make it as comfortable as possible without damaging the forest)
- Tree planting
- Fun and educational activities (upcycling, arts & crafts, theatre, games, workshops)
- Live entertainment (music and performances)
- Yoga classes
- Forest walks
- And so much more!
- FOOD: We will provide some snacks during the planting and there will be a selection of delicious food trucks and vendors on site preparing fresh, delicious meals for purchase, with a large selection of vegan- and vegetarian-friendly options, as well as kid-friendly options.
- TENTS: These can be rented separately. See the ticket options above.
- CAMPER VAN PARKING: If you wish to bring along your Camper Van, please purchase a Camper Van Parking ticket above. This is to ensure we have enough space to accommodate all Camper Vans. If you would like to park and camp you are also welcome to purchase a space. Spaces are limited so book now.
PS. If you are up for a bit more of a party, maybe you'd like to join for the Friends weekend (it's still family friendly but we’ll stay up a bit later) from 22 - 24 March 2019?
We make use of a phased ticketing system to reward those who purchase tickets during the early phases.
The phases of the festival tickets will be as follows:
- Early Bird: Festival Ticket (17 Sep - 31 Oct) - R350
- Phase 1: Festival Ticket (1 Nov - 31 Jan) - R425
- Phase 2: Festival Ticket (1 Feb - ) - R525
- Child Ticket (4 - 12 years old) - R220
- Toddlers (Below 4 years old) - Free
In addition we give you the option of upgrading your experience with the following tickets:
- Traveller Tent (2 Pax) - R650: Not so keen on setting up your own tent? The Traveller Tent is a canvas safari tent that comfortably sleeps two people, and includes two camping mattresses. You must bring along your own bedding and pillow. You will be refunded R250 back if the tent is not damaged.
- Camper Van Parking - R100: Interested in bringing along your Camper Van? Purchase this ticket to get access to the Camper Van Parking area. Due to limited space, without a Camper Van Parking ticket, you will not be allowed to park in this area, and will have to park in the main parking area. If you would like to park and camp you are also welcome to purchase a space. Spaces are limited so book now.
- Cutlery Pack - R40: The Cutlery Pack includes a plate, knife, fork, spoon and a mug. Your pack can be collected at the door on the day of the event and must be returned at the end of the event.
Not keen to drive? Purchase a transport ticket above under the Add to your experience tab. The festival bus will pick you up in Cape Town CBD and take you straight to the festival.
Remember you might be arriving in the dark on Friday evening, so be sure to read these directions carefully and have them on hand.
- From Cape Town, take the N2 highway towards Hermanus.
- Take the Hermanus turn off and go directly into Hermanus town. Drive through Hermanus town towards Stanford on the R43.
- Drive past Stanford town and continue straight to Gansbaai.
- DO NOT take the Grootbos turn off (this was the route in previous years). This dirt road is not great this year.
- Drive THROUGH Gansbaai town.
- Continue straight (you will pass a little village called Franskraal)
- Turn LEFT towards Elim (look out for the sign).
- Drive for approximately 7 km up and over a small mountain and then there will be a turn-off on your left as you descend the hill. This is a tar road that quickly turns into a dirt road and there will be a big sign for De Uijlenes. Turn left here and look out for our flags and signs for the Reforest Fest.
- Platbos FESTIVAL ENTRANCE will be on LEFT before the real Platbos forest entrance. If you see the Platbos forest entrance sign, turn around and go a bit back and enter where there is a small farm gate.
- Follow the sign boards until you come to the Festival Entrance. Drive up the fire break towards the festival.
Arrive from 14:00 on Friday for a relaxed evening in the ancient indigenous forest where some of the trees are 1000 years old. Enjoy a delicious meal and meet new friends.
Saturday is a day of tree-planting and getting your hands dirty, helping to restore an ecosystem that is one of the most rare and endangered in the Western Cape. As the sun sets on a hard day’s work, enjoy a magical forest party! Greenpop provides an awesome musical line-up at the intimate main stage, with some of South Africa's coolest bands (at both fests). Line up to be announced soon! Usually Greenpop plants 4000 trees at the Family Weekend and 8000 at the Friends weekend.
Sunday is filled with fun, educational, active and relaxing talks, walks, workshops and more including:
- Forest walks
- Hula Hooping
- Interactive music sessions and instrument making
- Arts and crafts
- Talks by various personalities in conservation and sustainable living
- Talent shows
- Treasure hunts
- And some surprises
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|