Namaqualand Flower Festival 2019
Welcome to the 12th edition of the Namaqualand Flower Festival 2019!
6 - 8th September 2019
Join us for the most wholesome weekend of 2019 full of culture, community and GOOD VIBES!
The Namaqualand Flower Festival is for the whole family and is filled with adventure, flowers, camping, dancing, running, singing, star gazing, culture, education, laughing, bush walks, traditional dance, bushman paintings, Botany, Bees, Conservation, Foraging, Music, Black eagles, Prize giving and one of our favorite, Open mic! All while mixing with like-minded people.
There is more but this will remain a surprise until we release the full itinerary in August.
GENERAL IDEA OF THE WEEKENDS EVENTS:
* (This is subject to reshuffling and the final Itinerary to be released in August)
Gates open for registration: 11am (we encourage you to arrive as early as possible)
Calling the ancestors with Oom Petrus
Stargazing with Jacques
23:00 Registration closes
06:00 Early registration opens
06:45 Registration closes
- Morning offers 3 distance trail runs available for adventurous runners - a challenging 21km (for experienced runners only), a scenic 9km trail and a family fun 4km route.
- Workshop (Beekeeping, traditional dancing)
- Kids zone opens - (magician, storytelling)
- Nature walk with Jacques Tredouw
- Open mic - Not to be missed - Get practicing
- Live Bands - showcasing local artists from around the country
- Silent disco - To keep the sleeper sleeping
- Breathing workshop
- Live Act
- Bast and Grants famous prize giving
TRY NOT TO LEAVE BEFORE PRIZE GIVING.
This is one of our favorite parts of the event and in something most regret having missed.
Take time to relax on Sunday morning, don't rush, let's end off the weekend together with our traditional end of festival prize giving which will have you feeling elated and complete from the holistic weekend.
This year's festival is bigger and more action packed than the last! We have heard your requests and have made great improvements to make the fun even more fun and your experience even more joy-filled.
Family Camping: a separate camping area for families with young children & for those who want to park and sleep in their vehicles.
General Camping: will be as usual, closer to the action. No Cars may be driven into General camping.
Daisy Glamping: for a bit of luxury.
Important Note: Please make sure you purchase the correct ticket for the camping zone you prefer, any alterations to this will be charged R100 per ticket change.
A children's play zone will be provided and will feature activities and exciting entertainment to keep your children active and stimulated.
*** LIMITED ENTIRES available for all ticket options ***
Kids route (4km) - Early Bird - R750 (incl. VAT)
Short Route (9km) - Early Bird - R750 (incl. VAT)
Long Route (21km) - Early Bird - R750 (incl. VAT)
Non Runner - Early Bird - R750 (incl. VAT)
Kids route (4km) - General Entry - R875 (incl. VAT)
Short Route (9km) - General Entry - R875 (incl. VAT)
Long Route (21km) - General Entry - R875 (incl. VAT)
Non Runner - General Entry - R875 (incl. VAT)
Daisy Glamping Zone - R1900 (incl. VAT)
- The trail run (If booked)
- All weekend activities
- Camping (General camping Zone) for the Friday and the Saturday night
- Band and music and a cash bar on the Saturday night
- Groovy Goody bag
*The Glamping ticket option for those wanting a bit of comfort.
This includes -
- A tent provided for you and set up prior to your arrival
- Glamping area is up in a private area above the rest of the camping
- Glamping kitchenette area with stove and kettle provided
- Glamping entry includes a run
- All the weekend activities
** Please note: Any ticket / run distance changes will be charged at a fee of R100 and need to happen before the 18th of August.
|Refund policy||No refunds|