Beginner's Guide to Bitcoin
Thu Jun 28, 17:30 - Thu Jun 28, 20:00
THIS EVENT IS SPONSORED BY LUNO.
Luno makes it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum in South Africa and various other countries.
Join us for the first of a series of events, hosted by the Blockchain Academy, as a Beginners Guide to a range of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology related topics.
About this event:
The Blockchain Academy will be hosting these regular events to assist individuals in understanding the opportuities and risks involved with cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. From investing, trading and mining bitcoin, many opportunities exist for individuals and organisations alike. It is also important to emphasize the risks that are asociated with cryptocurrencies, such as storing cryptocurrency in a wallet, owning your own private keys and using exchanges that are reputable.
This event in partnership with Luno, is for individuals looking for a crash course on bitcoin and who want to get started with using bitcoin; sending and receiving it, buying and selling it on a cryptocurrency exchange, storing it safely and understanding the risks that are involved.
What is going to be covered?
- What is bitcoin and blockchain technology?
- Why is bitcoin so revolutionary?
- What are the best cryptocurrency exchanges in South Africa and why?
- What are some of the best cryptocurrency exchanges globally and why?
- How do cryptocurrency exchanges work?
- What do I need to know when using a cryptocurrency exchange?
- What are the different ways I can get bitcoin?
- How do I buy and sell bitcoin?
- How does an order book work?
- What are the fees associated with buying and selling bitcoin?
- How do I send and receive bitcoin?
- Live demo: the presenter will send some bitcoin to someone in the class to demonstrate the process
- How do I store bitcoin?
- What are the different types of cryptocurrency wallets and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- How do I ensure my bitcoin is stored safely?
- What is two factor authentication and why is it important?
- Which merchants in South Africa and globally accept bitcoin?
- What should I know about tax (income and capital gain/loss) when trading cryptocurrencies?
- What is the South African Reserve Banks stance on cryptocurrencies?
- What are other regulators saying about cryptocurrency regulation?
- Submit your top 3 questions after you register and use this opportunity to engage with the presenters and audience
Engage with like-minded individuals and become part of a growing community passionate about supporting you during and after the event.
Your presenters will be Nasreen Saunders, cryptocurrency investor and consultant at the Blockchain Academy and Sonya Kuhnel, Managing Director of the Blockchain Academy.
This event is sponsored by:
We accept bitcoin! Contact us at [email protected] if you would like to make payment for this event in bitcoin.
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|