Forum Theatre Workshop
This workshop is an introduction to Augusto Boal's FORUM THEATRE.
WHAT IS IMPORTANT ABOUT FORUM THEATRE?
The Forum creates a performance setting which allows participants ("spect-actors") to enter a difficult, conflictual situation. The Forum is specifically designed so that people who usually don’t have the right to speak up can have their voices heard.
Workshop participants will script a short scene which depicts some kind of oppression. They will explore several points of view and try to find a better outcome for this situation. The Forum is a powerful way of analysing a situation and better understanding partners’ views and postures.
Participants will the opportunity to master a new tool to :
- help smooth the interactions in group therapies and teams
- design some intervision setting to analyse professional practices
- understand how to design a scene to make it meaningful.
IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR YOU? YES if you ....
- use narrative therapy
- are a counsellor, especially a group counsellor
- work in a team
- manage a team
- work at an NGO that uses Forum Theatre
- are curious and would like to discover Boal's ground breaking work
THE FACILITATOR is Genevieve Cron, dancer, movement therarpist, theatre practitioner and engineer from Paris, France. Read more about her.
THE VENUE is Novalis Ubuntu Institute's beautiful building on Rosmead Avenue in Wynberg.