Qiskit Summer School
The Quantum Computing Summer School for 2019 is hosted by the University of the Witwatersrand, in collaboration with IBM, the JCSE, WIDS, and ARUA, to bring students, researchers, and businesses together to learn how quantum computing can accelerate and empower the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in Africa.
The aim of the Summer School is in line with the larger goal of Quantum Computing at Wits: to make Africa quantum ready. Attendees will learn how the IBM Q computers operate on a hardware level as well as how to write a program that can exploit the exponential power of quantum mechanics.
The Summer School is being hosted at the University of the Witwatersrand Science Stadium on Main Campus West, Braamfontein, South Africa. The school will run from 2 December - 10 December, 2019. Accommodation in a University residence is available at R50/night for delegates from outside of Johannesburg/Pretoria. Check-in Sunday 1st December. Check-out Wednesday 11 December.
- Registration closes on 22 November, 2019
- Residence room bookings close on 15 November, 2019
- Please arrange to bring a laptop to the Summer School. While this is strongly recommended, arrangements have been made to allow delegates to use desktop computers if necessary.
- Spaces are limited to BOOK EARLY.
- If you cannot afford the ticket prices, you may apply for a bursary through the following here: https://forms.gle/X4ZeeQmnXGMiVdYT6
For more information regarding the summer school, visit https://www.wits.ac.za/quantum-computing/summer-school/.
The easiest way to book tickets and make payments is to use a credit card. If this doesn’t work for you, for whatever reason, Quicket’s Support Centre will be able to assist. You can, for example, arrange for your reservation to be reserved for a maximum of seven days while you arrange payment via your organisation. You can also request that Quicket sends you an invoice. For any such query please use the following contact information.
Quicket related queries contact us at:
+27 21 424 9308
|Refund policy||Refunds allowed (view policy)|