Airsoft Event - Storm 333 - Black Forest (City of Dead)
Operation Storm 333
Known as Shtorm-333, this was a modern military maneuver where The Soviet Union stormed the Tajberg Palace in Afghanistan in order to capture the Afghan President. The collateral damage was extensive as much of the operation was in expansive countryside and woodlands. Ultimately the task was daunting but the Russians were resolute and won out in the end.
The Russian offensive was spearheaded by men from the Grom (-"Thunder") unit of Alpha Group and certain operators from a special section of the KGB known as "Zenith". Troop carriers were involved and we hope to have some vehicles on the field to enhance the ambience. This battle was the epitome of deceit and underhanded politics and resulted in numerous casualties in order to forward a political agenda.
What will happen in this re-enactment of this thrilling battle?
Please note: This is not being treated as a strict military simulation and it is not required that you have special kit or weapons. Just join us in your normal airsoft load-out.
Death Rags and Bandages are compulsory. (available for sale on the day for convenience @R20 and @R5)
Barrel Socks and Radio communications are optional but highly recommended.
Black Forest Field, adjacent to City of Dead.
Black Forest - Approximately 5 Hectares of game play area.
- This little played section of the field is adjacent to the City of Dead and is characterized by tree lines, low bush some swamp sections and roadlines that may be patrolled by armoured vehicles.
- Mostly Bush warfare terrain will be used during this operation but there are some building facilities that will need to be taken or defended.
- This field is bottleneck-free as there are so many features and there is always a way around. Flanking options are always available.
- This is a tactical teamplay field - Radios are essential.
Special Combat Lunches
Black Forest - Lunch will be provided at this game. Cold drinks and water also for sale.
Turn off the R28 going towards Randfontein at coordinates 26° 7'39.98"S 27°44'46.04"E and make your way around to the field.
Directions from Pretoria: Take N14(R28) towards Krugersdorp continue over ridge up and past Key West towards Randfontein. Turn right onto dual carriageway where R28 intersects with Main Reef Road and continues to be the R28 towards Randfontein. Cross two stop streets and pass Sasol garage on Left. Just after Sasol take next possible right turn onto tar road at Transnet sign. Coordinates at this turning are 26°7'39.98"S 27°44'46.04"E. Pass scrap yard on the right of the road and follow the road over a double Railway crossing shortly thereafter. Tar road then bears to the left until it turns into a Transnet facility. Do not turn here but continue straight onto the dirt road parallel to the railway line. Now keep right on the dirt road which will encircle the perimeter of the field. You will cross another single railway track continue on dirt road keeping right until you arrive at City of Dead Safe Zone.
City of Dead 26° 8'0.13"S 27°43'51.80"E
Cost per person:
Black Forest GAME PASS: at R190
Early Bird tickets at R145 available for the first 25 bookings.
Start Time: from 09h00 for Registration and Chrono
10h30 for Safety Brief and game briefing and team planning.
11h30 prompt - Game start. Until 16h30
Other Accessories, BB's, safety eyewear and other items will also be available on sale. Mastercard and Visa welcome as well as Snapscan.
Book to attend Bookings on Quicket only
Remember Tickets Close on at 5pm on Friday 28 July.
Instant EFT payments are now accepted right up to ticket sales close on Quicket.
EARLY BIRD TICKET PRICE ONLY FOR FIRST 25 PEOPLE TO BOOK.
RENTAL Guns: R200 Deposit & R200 Rental Includes AEG, High-cap Magazine with 300 rounds and safety goggles/glasses for the game.
Get ahead of the rest and download a labelled map of the field:
Download map of City of Dead.jpg
Go check out our other games here:<br />
Safety is paramount
- Treat your airsoft gun as if it were a real firearm. Anywhere Outside playing area: - weapons on safe - magazines out - holster your pistols.
- Sling your rifle, pointing up if using a sling or carry rifle pointing down.
- FIRING IN SAFE AREA - Do NOT fire your airsoft gun in the safe area only use designated safe zones to test fire. YOU WILL DO PUSH-UPS.
- No physical contact (punches/slaps/head butts/affectionate). No knives on the field or real firearms!
- During games, non-players may walk into the play area. If you spot a person walking through, call BLIND MAN each person to repeat. Marshal to restart.
- We often play in hazardous environments and players can get hurt. Be aware of your surroundings pot holes, rough terrain, building rubble and play sensibly. Wear good quality Shoes or Boots!! No need to run.
- Watch out for snakes/scorpions etc.
- No player may play unless he has signed the indemnity sheet.
- Calling HIT! Visible and Loud. Any part of the body! Even ricochet.
- Game of honour. Call your hits. - An ORANGE HELMET will be worn by any player reported by two or more for being dishonourable.
- Dead men can't talk - not even "I'm dead".
- Bang Kills - 5 meter with their back or side to you, should they not be aware of your presence you can call BANG!
- Death rags avoid being shot when dead.
- People not attending the game brief will NOT be allowed to play that game. They mess up the game when they don't know the rules which can be complicated. Rather go back and fix up guns.
- Goggles or glasses worn at ALL times in the field of play. Ballistic rated glasses and goggles only.
- Blind firing is strictly prohibited. You can run sideways shooting but not away shooting backwards. As a general rule, always look down your sights when shooting.
- Headshots are not cool so avoid them as much as possible. Often a player may only present their head, then OK. They do happen though, so make sure your goggles and gear are in good order.
- No headshots under 5 meters.
- In CQB (Close Quarter Battle) environments where you expect to meet players at distances closer than 10 meters, SEMI AUTO only. Switch your AEG to semi automatic.
- OVERKILL. One shot will do.
- No shooting over the walls / Fences or out of the game area or into safe zone.
- It is highly advisable that there is medical emergency kits freely available at the venue. If you have one, please bring it along.
- We are INVITED GUESTS. Please treat the venue with respect and make sure that you keep it clean. (even if it was not when you got there!)
- You are representing the game of Airsoft. Make sure that your conduct is impeccable and that you are a true ambassador of the sport. Any player that brings the game of Airsoft into disrepute will be banned from attending future games.
- SWEARING - Young players nor experienced players need to hear this.
- Velocity or FPS (feet per second) is limited to 400fps.
- All guns are Chronographed at games to ensure compliance.
- The only weapons that are allowed to shoot up to 500fps are those of snipers, only SEMI AUTO (modified to only work on semi auto) or BOLT-ACTION ONLY! Snipers also may not engage any player within 20 meters.
- No HPA rifles allowed.
I agree to indemnify the organisers and its servants and agents against all damages, loss, claims, costs and expenses for which they become legally liable as a result of bodily injury to persons and/or damage to material property arising out of any negligent act during the course of the event. I (the undersigned) assume liability for:
a) Any damage to the standing property during the course of the event.
b) Any loss or damage to equipment on the premises.
c) Take full and complete responsibility for my action and am aware that my attendance and participation is entirely at my own risk.
I am aware of the inherent risks associated with Airsoft and the types of battlefields that are used. I agree to obey all generally accepted safety procedures at all times and agree to any rules laid out by facilitators and staff. I understand any offences or dangerous play can result in me being removed from the field of play/ venue and I will forfeit all fees paid.
Each soldier has a maximum of 3 hits before considered dead and needs to respawn at a field hospital
Upon taking a hit, a soldier is to display his death rag signaling he has been hit and lie down.
He will then start his 3 minute bleed-out time. If he bleeds out he must go respawn at the field hospital.
Before that time runs out, anyone may bandage his arm (arm opposite to team colour) for him to respawn into the game.
When hit: he loses the use of his legs completely
he may be dragged, carried or drag himself to a safer spot and crawl about without using his legs
he will lose the use of his primary weapon used at the time
he can scream for medics, and give away enemy positions
he can choose to defend himself with a secondary weapon or grenade.
Drawing a Secondary he is liable to being shot again which will equate to complete death and he must go and respawn at his field hospital. He may not be fired upon when displaying his death rag unless he draws a secondary weapon.
On 3rd Hit, only a designated field doctor/medic can give come to his aid with a "Mirth-ine Shot" (cause its funny!). This is a syringe with a dice in it. The dice is shaken and then the syringe is plunged into the soldiers leg as if injecting. When dice is trapped the number seen from where the needle is normally inserted denotes the extent of the soldiers injury. This will determine the prognosis:
1) Apply a bandage to right leg
2) Two minute downtime, stationery
3) Two minute downtime and 30m retreat
4) Two people must apply pressure for 2 minutes. Injured may not shoot.
5) He must be carried back 20m off the ground completely
6) Dead! - go respawn. Start as a new soldier.
Should the soldier bleed-out before he is bandaged at any stage, he will die and then return to the field hospital
(bleed-out = instant death)
- Stabs with a knife also count as instant death and no "hit" may be called.
- A hit to the gun is considered a hit to the body.
- All bandages must be at least 2m long.
- Soldiers may not play dead or wounded.
- Death Rags must be completely concealed when still alive and fit.
- Weapons can be disabled by enemy if they touch them and say "Disarmed" realistically.
- No soldier may bandage himself .
- Medics/Field doctors respawn the same way but any soldier can use his syringe for his 3rd hit.
Respawn after death: On a 4th hit, receiving 6 on the dice or bleeding out, return to the designated field hospital, remove and roll his 3 bandages and re-enter the game as a new fresh soldier.