Pathways to Funding Do-ference Durban 2017
Are you a (social) entrepreneur ready to take your business to the next level?
The UCT Graduate School of Business Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, together with our partners, has gathered together speakers and entrepreneurs from across the ecosystem to equip you with the tools and confidence to grow your business. Please join us at the annual PATHWAYS TO FUNDING DO-FERENCE in Durban on 7 and 8 September, proudly hosted by Flexible Workspace @ 8 Morrison Street.
[The Do-ference will be in Cape Town on 28 and 29 September and Joburg on 15 and 16 September.]
The Pathways to Funding Do-ference is designed to help you “do”- to go out and raise funding, whether you are looking to seed or grow your business. It will help you better understand your business; its impact; and how, when, and where to access the right funding to grow your business.
Interactive workshops, couch sessions with entrepreneurs and investors, networking opportunities, and one-on-one sit-downs with industry experts will give you the knowledge to find funding for your business. At the Do-ference, you’ll be able to design your own unique path by choosing to attend the sessions that most align with where your business is at, whether you’re looking to seed an idea (IDEATION TRACK), get your business over the first few hurdles (INCUBATION TRACK) or grow an established business (GROWTH TRACK).
We have got something for all entrepreneurs, but all sessions are guided by the following themes:
1. Understanding your business What, when and where are my funding options?
2. Social finance How can impact investing and innovative finance work for your business?
3. Reaching your goal The tools and experts that can support your entrepreneurial journey.
4. Inspiring inclusive and sustainable business models What works well in delivering impact and achieving growth?
So far, we've confirmed the following great speakers for Durban:
- Bathabile Mpofu, Nkazimulo Applied Sciences
- Richard Gevers, Open Data Durban
- Lindiwe Kunene, UKZN
- Ntuthuko Zwane, HMZ Capital
- Elvis Sekhaolelo, eKasi Entrepreneurs
- Nkululeko Mthembu, Durban Hub
... and many more to be announced soon!
When and where:
Durban – 7 & 8 September 2017 – 8 Morrison Street, Rivertown
The days will run from 9am to 5pm, with a drinks party after the 2nd day – the full programme will be launched in the next few weeks. Follow social media for updates!
R350 for the full Do-ference, R175 for one-day ticket.
* Price includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Full scholarships are available (including transport costs) for those that need them. Please apply by sending a 250-word motivation to [email protected], telling us about your business or idea and why you want to be at the Pathways to Funding Do-ference. Use the subject line "Do-ference scholarship".