"Shake it Off" - The TRE® way - 06 Jan 2024 - men only !!
Sat Jan 6, 14:00 - Sat Jan 6, 16:00
The Venue at 224 Carinus B&B
This 90min event is to explore the possibilities of TRE® and release tension - we as South Africans live in constant fear, stress and tention. These tools can help you to cope better.
TRE® (Tension and Trauma Release Exercise) is a simple set of movements that turn on our body’s natural re balancing process – providing immediate relaxation. By releasing everything from everyday stress to deeply held physical tension and trauma, TRE® frees us up to meet life’s challenges with greater skill and ease. Our bodies do the work; we get relief without needing to process or retell our story.
TRE® as a new method to manage stress and release trauma, works on many levels:
- Neurologically: helps to restore the capacity of the brain to operate from higher cortical functions – improving concentration & focus and helps to restore our autonomic nervous system – leaving us feeling calmer, more peaceful, balanced and connected
- Anatomically: helps to relax muscles and fascia improving posture and mobility
- Biochemically: helps to rebalance the body’s chemistry thereby restoring homeostasis
Watch this 5 minute video below for a quick explanation:
TRE® is a powerful modality to assist a wide variety of individuals and groups to cope better with the demands of life. While it is extremely effective as a stand-alone practice, it also deepens all other stress-relief practices such as mindfulness, yoga, and meditation and supports trauma counselling and psychological interventions.
The following improvements have been researched and confirmed after 3 months of continual TRE® ( two sessions per week average) :
- Better sleeping patterns and quality of sleep
- Less anxiety and tension in everyday life
- Less reactivity and greater calm under stress
- Substantial improvement of stress related muscle tension, especially neck and shoulder as well as lower back pain
- Less headache and migraine
- More general flexibility of joints and stronger muscle tone
- Improvement of work and family relations
- Better self care
- Greater sense of empowerment
- Ability to stay away from unhealthy habits
The insights taught with TRE® – the scientific basis of the method – allow everyone to immediately evaluate the ‘truth’ of what has been taught by ‘personal experience’ and integrate it in their life in a self-directed and individualized way.
TRE® is a powerful tool for personal development, the result of continued practice greatly improve
- Grounding and
- Emotional and physical resilience
Please note: TRE® is not a substitute for trauma counselling or other proven and endorsed methods and therapies in the treatment of chronic stress and trauma.
It is not said to ‘heal trauma’ and all individuals who are suffering from or diagnosed Bi-polar, PTSD or Developmental Trauma are advised to learn TRE® with a qualified Provider. Individuals under psychiatric care and/ or medication are advised to learn TRE® with a qualified Provider and include their therapist or doctor in the process. There are medical Doctors, Psychologists and Counselors among our TRE® Providers who can answer questions and give advice.