Just for men: A conversation on intimacy By Uncle Taps
Tue Jan 30, 19:00 - Tue Jan 30, 21:00
Embodiment Rope Space, Salt River
This two-hour workshop will explore the topics of sex and intimacy and the construction of manhood when relating with other people. We will discuss ways to access pleasure for ourselves, co-create and share with others and foster healthier experiences of intimacy, within the platonic and the sexual.
This is an intro workshop and no prior knowledge or skill is required for attendance. If you identify with being a man, come along for an open and frank chat.
Bring questions, some snacks, and dress comfortably. Tapi Tapi ice cream is available for pre-sale with your ticket.
About your host
With over 10 years of personal and instructive experience regarding the matter at hand (finger and toy), Sungakonji is well qualified to help you get the answers you need to decide if you wanna take the plunge into a new facet of your pleasure journey.
Yup, you read right! With this event, you can add additional ice cream tickets to your shopping cart. 1 ice cream ticket = 1 scoop (this is not included in your workshop ticket, to be bought separately). As a human of many talents, the ice cream available is also crafted by your host. You can find out more information on Tapi Tapi on Instagram or their webpage. The cost is R50/scoop, and the flavours for the day include:
- Koesister spice and coconut vegan ice - sweet and spicy
- Clay ice cream - sweet and mild flavour
- Imphepho smoke and scotch bonnet chilli - smoky and spicy
Remember, ice cream is available ONLY as a pre-sale purchase. Book yours ASAP!
Sales for ice cream close on 26 January, Friday.
Embodiment Rope Space is the love child of a group of volunteers from different walks of life coming together to actualize something we think the world needs: a queer safe(r) space for exploring kink as a healing, connective force.
You can follow us on Instagram here:
- Don’t be late.
- Respect the space. Leave no trace - whatever you bring, take it back with you.
- Ego has no place here. Learn and share with humility.
- Ask for people’s pronouns and use the ones you are given.
- No shoes. Keep underwear on at public events. Nipples may be free.
- Do not make unsolicited comments about anyone else's body.
- Do not take any photos of anyone in attendance without consent.
- Do not post photos without the consent of EVERYONE in the photo.
- Do not reveal the identity of anyone you meet in the space once you leave. Many people prefer anonymity.
- Be mindful of making noise in the space when others are tying around you, this includes loud talking and laughing.
- Be discrete when moving through other parts of the premises. Clothes are optional in the space but not outside the door.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- This is a sober space. Please do not use any recreational drugs or alcohol before coming or while on site.
- Acknowledge and accept that you are participating in high-risk behavior at your own risk.
Do I need a partner for this Workshop?
This workshop is perfect for everyone, no matter your relationship configuration! You do not need to bring a partner along, you can come solo or even bring friends. The space and atmosphere will be centered around education in a fun, low-pressure environment. This is not a play party.
What should I wear?
This is a friendly learning environment, not a sexual one, so crotches are to remain covered. We recommend wearing whatever you feel comfortable in, keeping to the spirit of this being an educational event.
Do I need to bring snacks or are they included?
We have Tapi Tapi ice cream for pre-sale, we recommend snatching up your favourite flavours before the workshop by buying a separate ice cream ticket for each flavour you want. We also encourage you to pack in some other snacks for yourself, we have a drinks kiosk for water, coffee, tea, or soft drinks but you are welcome to bring your own. Alcohol will not be allowed.