Greenpop Reforest Fest: Family weekend
A celebration of planting and play.
Are you ready forest munchkins? It’s PLATBOS time! Join us for a weekend away with the whole family and help re-plant the ancient, indigenous Platbos Forest, learn all about holistic green living, and have a TREE-mendously fun time with the young’uns!
Together we’ll plant thousands of trees, camp under the stars and Milkwoods, play and learn at all sorts of fun workshops and enjoy great family entertainment.
Ready to get your hands dirty for a good cause?!10 Reasons the Family Fest is a magical weekend away:
1. You’ll help plant 1000s of trees - what a great reason to dig in and get dirty!
2. Make new friends and (re)connect
3. Learn and play with a great lineup of family activities (you don't need to plan a thing!)
4. It’s an easy 2.5 hour drive from Cape Town
5. You can sleep under the stars: pitch your tent (or rent one from us)
6. You can hang up your apron as we'll have delicious vegetarian food available
7. Beautiful eco-ablution facilities provided
8. There’s a 1000-year-old milkwood you can visit
9. There’s nothing like a talent show under a star-lit sky
10. Unplug for some quality family timeAll tickets include:
- A place to pitch your tent
- Tree planting
- Fun and educational activities (upcycling, arts & crafts, theatre, games, workshops)
- Live entertainment (music and plays)
- Yoga classes
- Forest walks
- And so much more!
- Ticket price does NOT include meals. We will provide some snacks during the planting and there will be a selection of delicious food trucks and vendors on site preparing fresh, delicious meals for purchase, with a large selection of vegan- and vegetarian-friendly options, as well as kid-friendly options.
- We are trying something new this year and have created tiered ticket prices
- festival goers can choose to purchase a Generosity ticket, Regular ticket or Subsidised ticket.
We value inclusivity and want our festival to be available to as many different people as possible. If you can afford it, please consider purchasing Generosity ticket. For every Generosity ticket purchased, we will be able to offer a Susidised ticket to someone who cannot afford the Regular ticket price.
- If camping is not for you, you are welcome to book your family into one of the beautiful guest houses in the area and join us each morning.
PS. If you are up for a bit more of a party, maybe you'd like to join for the Friends weekend
(it's still family friendly but we’ll stay up a bit later ;)) on 17-19 March 2017.
Watch this video from last year's Fest:
We are trying something new this year and have created tiered ticket prices - festival goers can choose to purchase a Generosity ticket, Regular ticket or Subsidised ticket.
We value inclusivity and want our festival to be available to as many different people as possible. If you can afford it, please consider purchasing Generosity ticket. For every Generosity ticket purchased, we will be able to offer a Susidised ticket to someone who cannot afford the Regular ticket price. Ticket Prices
Adult Generosity ticket: R500
Adult Regular price ticket: R390
Adult Subsidised ticket: R280
*Weekender Roadtrip ticket: R1,100 (regular festival ticket + transport to and from festival + shared tent space)
Children ticket (4 to 12): R220
Children below 4: freeExtras
2 Person Tent rental: R580 per tent (includes set up and 2 camping mats inside. Price is R330 with a R250 deposit that is returned in cash on Sunday after we've checked your tent)
3 Person Tent rental: R630 per tent (includes set up and 3 camping mats inside. Price is R380 with a R250 deposit that is returned in cash on Sunday after we've checked your tent)
*Into the Forest - Weekender Roadtrip Ticket - R1100 pp
This all-in-one ticket lets you focus on a full weekend of fun and dancing amongst the trees and leaves the coordination of your Reforest Fest weekend to us! Ticket includes roundtrip transportation to/from Cape Town, a shared tent (set up and camping mattress included - please let us know who you would like to share a tent with at [email protected]
or we will assign you with another Weekender Roadtripper) and your three-day festival pass.
- Excludes: transportation to/from Cape Town departure location, sleeping bags, pillows, all items of a personal nature, personal medical insurance, meals, beverages
- Departure: Friday 17 March 11h30 from parking area, McDonalds - Greenpoint Stadium, Cape Town
- Return: Sunday 19 March 14h00 from Platbos Forest to park parking area, McDonalds - Greenpoint Stadium, Cape Town
- Transportation and tented accommodation provided by Acacia Africa in collaboration with Greenpop
** The Weekender Roadtrip is dependent on selling a minimum of 20 tickets per vehicle. If we do not meet the minimum then the vehicle will have to be cancelled. In such an event you will be reimbursed the additional cost for the Weekender Roadtrip or, if you cancel your ticket to Platbos, 100% reimbursed.