Promoting your Platform with Podcasts
Thu Oct 26, 18:30 - Thu Oct 26, 20:00
Online via Zoom
How to get the most out of Podcasts as a Professional Speaker or Expert
(Even if you don’t have a podcast of your own)
As professional speakers, trainers, coaches, and topic matter experts we have great content that we want to share with the world.
We may be looking for new clients, new stages and new audiences but we have to first let people know what it is that we are offering: What are our solutions, models, thoughts and insights? How can our message help an audience or a client? Just how much of an expert are we? What is it that we bring that is unique or special?
Podcasting is the perfect platform to share these insights with potential clients. And you don’t have to have your own podcast to benefit from them.
In this session we will explore at the following:
- The rise and value of podcasting
- The many flavours it comes in
- How to find relevant podcasts where you can be a guest
- How to find relevant guests if you are the host
- How to prepare for a podcast interview as either guest or host
- How to host your own pseudo podcast until you decide if this is right for you
- How to get the most social proof out of a podcast, before, during and after the interview
- There will be a checklist of practical steps to find podcasts and get the most out of them.
- A list of podcasts looking for guests will be provided.
- Podcast hosts are also welcome to contact Charlotte to have your details on a list to find new guests.
This session will be presented by Charlotte Kemp, who has had her own podcast, twice, one of which was on live internet radio. Charlotte has been a podcast guests numerous times and now focusses on that side of the equation. She has also received business opportunities, speaking opportunities, partnerships and been headhunted all through the power of podcasts.
Charlotte is the past president of the Professional Speakers Association of Southern Africa (PSASA), a member of the Association of Professional Futurists (APF) and the President of the Global Speakers Federation (GSF). She is a futures workshop facilitator, futures coach and author.
Voices Into Africa
This event is brought to you by Voices Into Africa, and events company focussed on building on the entrepreneurial spirit and the speakers across the continent of Africa.
Subscribe to the Voices Into Africa.com website for news about other events, events and training for speakers, the annual Pan African Speakers Summit, books and more.
Voices Into Africa also owns Red Jacket Speaker Bureau and members on this site get a discount for events.