Learning Clan 2024
Fri Jan 5, 09:00 - Fri Jan 12, 18:00
Circle of Dreams
Thanks for joining the LEARNING CLAN, OFF-GRID VILLAGE
... where we revel in the joy of community, the exchange of knowledge, and the art of self-sufficiency and freedom.
YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR TALENT EXCHANGE NUMBER TO BUY A TICKET
Join the Community Exchange System at www.ces.org.za.
If you are new to the Exchange, after you join, you will receive a Trading number. When buying your tickets here, enter your number enter 0 as your account balance
More info at https://learningclan.net/trading/
PLEASE READ INFO BELOW AND AGREE TO THE FINAL POINTS
so we are all on the same page.
- See website for checklist.
- Bring all you need to cook meals under the starlit sky, there is no refrigeration
WHY A TRADING VILLAGE?
- To remind ourselves that our wealth lies within, and together, we can weave a tapestry of abundance.
- We share our skills, wisdom, and services, without a single coin in sight.
- We trade in kindness, barter with generosity, and harness the power of the Talent Exchange. As we move into a controlled digital age, it is a useful, money-free, community trading tool.
ABOUT THE TALENT EXCHANGE
- To join our village, you'll need to become a member of the Talent Exchange and get your trading number.
- While you're welcome to gift or swop, a TE number is your passport to securing a ticket to this gathering of offerings.
- If you dont have a TE number, join at www.ces.org.za - and when buying your ticket now, enter your balance as 0 zero
- If your TE account needs a boost, explore ways to restore a positive balance - this system thrives on honesty. See more details on our website! Or feel free to ask questions.
- There will be a Talent Exchange Info Desk with people who can help you get the hang of this handy money-free tool.
A VILLAGE THAT EXCHANGES TALENTS
- We invite you to share what you know or come and learn empowering knowledge:
- Anything from tips for off-grid living or homesteading skills, to ideas for natural health, self-improvement, and community empowerment as well as any activities for kids and teens.
- Visit the website for ideas to participate!
- You can offer your knowledge for free or request Talents. We ask that everyone keeps their prices as low as possible so that we all can share in the many offerings. Use the opportunity to promote what you do and have fun with the community, rather than charge usual rates.
- For the sake of harmony, we kindly request that you bring your pets only if necessary.
- We have a dog ticket to help us manage numbers and maintain the serene atmosphere.
- Dog owners are to bring a spade and help bury any poop
Please note :
- THERE ARE NO DAY TICKETS; this is a week-long village immersion, and the price remains the same regardless of your length of stay.
- Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to a friend if you give us their details.
- For direct ticket purchases, email [email protected] with the number of tickets and the Talent Exchange numbers.
- An 8-day campsite in a shaded setting next to your vehicle
- Spacious fire pits for warmth and cooking
- Abundant mountain spring water for all your hydration needs
- Access to a refreshing river for leisurely swims
- Flush toilets and hot showers
- An opportunity to showcase your skills or crafts or services and earn Talents to spend
- Stall space at our bustling daily village market
- A live music stage, a vibrant drumming circle, and a dance floor
- A dedicated children's area with educational and entertaining activities
- Spaces for talks, workshops, demos, yoga sessions, debates, discussions, healing sessions, etc
- The freedom to create your own unique space for your offering
- A wide array of community-generated activities and entertainment
PLEASE READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BUYING YOUR TICKET
- Mindful camping - leave no trace, be considerate to everyone around you, help with village chores, take care of your waste. biodegradable washing soaps only please.
- No chemicals of any kind.
- No sale of alcohol, considerate alcohol consumption, no under-age drinking/smoking.
- You must be fully self-sufficient and take full responsibility for yourselves, your children, your dogs and your belongings.
- No trading with Money - gifting, barter, swopping or Talent Exchange transactions only
- Gate will be open only from 9am-5pm - no after-hours entry or exit unless urgent.
- Please ensure your teenagers are fully aware of the ethos of the village and agree to participate consciously.
- We reserve the right to refuse activities that are not in line with our ethos
Although due care has been taken to make this event as safe and secure as possible, participation is entirely at your own risk. The organisers and farm owners accept no responsibility for injury, death, loss or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles or belongings resulting from any cause.
By Buying this ticket, you agree to this.
RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
Thank you for your open heart and mind, your honesty and understanding, your respect for others and the environment and your willingness to participate, and co-create a community village with us.
Visit our website at www.learningclan.net for more information and inspiration on how to get involved.
If you wish to offer a talk, workshop or demo, please let us know : [email protected]
See you there from 9am January 5th to 6pm January 12th, 2024!