Kameeldrift Self Game Drive and Fishing Day Trip
Sat Jul 15, 08:00 - Tue Dec 31, 17:00
Kameeldrift Waterfront Estate & Resort Self Game Drive - Day Trip
THE ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE!
Kameeldrift Waterfront Estate & Resort is a unique fishing, birding and game viewing getaway less than 200 kilometres from Gauteng Province. In this private estate, families can have quality time whilst enjoying the great outdoors. We recommend SUV type vehicles for the self game drive.
What is included in the Family day ticket?
- Self Game Drive in one vehicle for up to 4 people (We recommend SUV type vehicles).
- Fishing in designated area. Please note that we practice catch and release. Fishing gear is not included. Fish must be released responsibly and safely. There are crocodiles in the dam. Children must be supervised.
- Up to 4 people in the vehicle including children. For additional people please purchase additional tickets or call us on 071 505 7865
WHAT CAN VISITORS HOPE TO SEE DURING THE SELF GAME DRIVE?
Wildlife on the property includes Warthog, Zebra, Sable antelope, Giraffe, Impala, Nyala, Eland, Waterbuck, Steenbok, Grey Duiker, Mountain Reedbuck, Kudu and Blesbuck.
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION
After purchasing your self game drive ticket a location pin and access information will be sent to you.
1. FISHING - Capture the moment digitally. Please release the fish back into the dam responsibly and safely. We practice catch and release.
2. HUNTING– The only hunting permitted is through your camera lens and binoculars.
3. RIGHT OF WAY– The animals at Kameeldrift have the right of way. Drive slowly around the Estate. The speed limit is 30 kms per hour.
4. RESPECT THE PERMANENT RESIDENTS
We want you to feel at home. However, please don't get too comfortable and forget that you are guests. When fishing remember that crocodiles and hippopotomi are the permanent residents. They call the Dam home. Exercise caution at all times. Children must be supervised by adults. Please do not feed the animals.
5. NO FIRES– Kameeldrift Waterfront Estate & Resort is a smoke free destination. The tranquility of the Estate will help you to relax.
6. ARMS/WEAPONS POLICY - Strictly no firearms, bows or crossbows allowed inside the Estate. The animals though wild, are not known to attack guests without being provoked. Persons found in possession of weapons, will be assumed to be hunting illegally and handed over to law enforcement.
7. GETTING AROUND THE ESTATE - Guests can use mountain bicycles and SUV type vehicles for self drives. Quad bikes are not permitted. Reminder that the speed limit is 30km/h.
8. OTHER WILDLIFE
There are snakes and scorpions on the property. Guests must avoid walking around, especially at night.
9. Right of admission is reserved.
10.Disclaimer - Visitors are reminded that all Animals are wild. Management, staff and owners of Kameeldrift Waterfront Estate & Resort will not be held liable for any loss, however caused. Children must be supervised at all times.
ABOUT THE RESORT
Kameeldrift Waterfront Estate was established in 2008 as a family home and retreat. It has recently opened its doors to welcome guests, giving them a rare opportunity to explore the magic of Africa in one destination. An adventurous couple with a love for the great outdoors and a passion for rhino conservation were the pioneers of what is today Kameeldrift Waterfront Estate & Resort. The Resort seats on 150 hectares of beautiful bushveld on the Rooikoppies Dam, 30 kms North of Brits, a small town in South Africa’s North West Province (less than 200kms from Johannesburg). The Estate has private waterfront access on the Rooikoppies Dam with a jetty and a camping site with fishing and birding being the key leisure activities. The Estate also has agricultural land. A solar borehole powers a 60 000 litre reservoir. The first guesthouse was birthed from what was the original farm house. A cottage flatlet located in the Lucerne lands was once the Kameeldrift Farming School.
Would you like to stay overnight? Book accommodation at the guesthouse here: https://book.nightsbridge.com/31499
Want to camp instead? Call or WhatsApp (+27) 071 505 7865 for reservations.