Reddam House Mandela Day Twilight Run - 18 July 2023
Tue Jul 18, 17:00 - Tue Jul 18, 20:00
Reddam House Constantia
Run with Purpose and Join us this Mandela Day!
You are invited to join our 5km colour run for two amazing charities. Bring the whole family and run, walk or crawl your way to the finish line! Wear white and join in the fun.
All profits will be donated to Masicorp and The Guide Dog Association.
(P.S Don't worry if you can't run 5km there is an option to stop at 2,5km)
Learn more about how the money that we raise will be spent:
Sunnydale Educare, managed by Masicorp, opened in 2021 and looks after 60 children under the age of 6 years from the Masiphumelele community. By January 2024, this number will double to 120 children. There is a huge and urgent need for quality early childhood education in Masiphumelele and Masicorp raises funds to ensure children living in this community have a firm foundation for future learning. Help Masicorp by sponsoring a new class which will care for and educate 20 children. Funds raised through Reddam’s Mandela Day Campaign will go towards equipping this new classroom with the necessary educational materials, tables, chairs, mattresses, books, stationery and toys.
The Guide Dog Association:
SA Guide-Dogs is turning 70 years old this year and as part of their celebrations they have launched the 70 Days of Giving Initiative where they are trying to raise R700 000.00 in 70 Days to help pay towards:
- Up-keep of our Puppy Block (where all of our new born puppies live for the first 8 weeks of their lives).
- Cleaning equipment and medical supplies to puppy block.
- Diesel to run our generators during load shedding to keep the power on in our Puppy Block and Kennels.
- Petrol for our fleet vehicles so that we can visit more clients.
Visit their website to learn more.
- Food and Drinks will be on sale
- Bring a change of clothes for after the colour run
- Please bring your ticket on the day
- Registration will start at 3:30pm and close at 4:45pm at the pavilion
- The fun warm-up will start at 4:30pm
- No dogs allowed
- Wear old white clothes
- Parking is available on the field above the astroturf