Is your child addicted to gaming? Gaming - the good, the bad and the interesting
Is gaming overtaking your child’s life, impacting sleep, health, relationships, academic experiences and general wellbeing ?
This Think Ahead information session is designed to help parents understand and discover the following:
• does your child have a serious gaming “problem” ?
• why are games are so compelling ?
• how do games affect sleep, learning, memory, relationships and health ?
• what games teach our children and games’ positive effects
• effective processes to help set limits around games
Pam Macmillan: Pam is a passionate educator with over 30 years’ experience. She has been head of ICT at Dainfern College, and is currently Edtech coach at St Stithians Boys’ College. She is responsible for guiding staff and students in the creative, relevant and safe integration of technology into the teaching and learning process
Greg Crighton: Greg is an educational psychologist with extensive experience in schools and private practice. He has served as chairperson of Society for Educational Psychology, South Africa. His expertise lies in assessment and solutions for learning difficulties. He is father to a son who loves gaming.
Date: 2 November 18h30 - 20h00
Venue: iStore, 1 Sandton Drive
Cost: R 280